animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Animator Letters Project

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Animator Letters Project

Postby wfdowns3 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Hey folks!

I started the Animator Letters Project, which is project asking all professional animators to write a letter telling their story of how they got into the industry and encourage aspiring animators to follow their dreams and to not give up. Once I get enough letters, I am going to publish them all in a book and donate the proceeds to help an aspiring animator go to school, who can't afford it. It has been doing pretty successful so far, and with enough luck, more and more letters will continue to come in, so please check out the site often for inspiration!

http://www.theanimatorlettersproject.com

Please help spread the word, and if you are a professional animator, please consider writing a letter for this project. This book will not only serve as inspiration to aspiring animators and artists around the world for years to come, but will be a time capsule in animation history, and I want as many animators from within the industry to contribute as possible. There can not be too many letters for this, so write one today and send it to me to be apart of this great project!

Thanks,

Willie
wfdowns3

Re: Animator Letters Project

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks for bringing this project to our attention.

We're revamping our homepage to function as a blog. We'll be ready to make the change in a few hours, and once we've got things going we'll feature the Animation Letters Project there.

I'd like to contribute something to it. My story of how I got into the animation biz is unique.

What's the deadline for submissions?

Daily Z

Charles

Postby wfdowns3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Hey Charles!

I just now saw your reply to this post after seeing the blog post you made for the project. Thanks for helping me get the word out there about it!

I would love for you to contribute to the Animator Letters Project, that would be great! I'm sure your story will be an inspiration to a lot of people! :)

As of right now, the deadline is pretty open...I would LIKE to have them all in by next summer to be able to start putting them into a book, but it really depends on how many letters I have by then. But, I would like to try to have them in by then.

Willie
wfdowns3

Postby Charles » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 am

Are you a professional working in animation?

Then you must have an encouraging story of how you made it into the industry.

Share that story with other artists who are striving to see their dream of making it in animation become a reality.

Check out http://www.TheAnimatorLettersProject.com

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

AnimatorLettersProject3a.jpg

Willie Downs continues to move forward with The Animator Letters Project.

He's been collecting and publishing hand written letters of inspiration and encouragement from many of today's top industry professionals to share with artists who are striving to break into the biz. If you're in animation consider adding your story to the collection...

http://theanimatorlettersproject.com/

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion