animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Hello I am new here

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Hello I am new here

Postby palmtree » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 am

Hello and greeting My name is Joshua palmer I am 28 years old and I am an inspiring animator and artist. I have some but very little experance in adoble flash and micromedia flash. and I can make basic frame animations in drawing so in my opinion I have a long way to go. I am here to ask your help in me getting through this and be the people who give opinions to help me suceed. I beleive the first step is post some of my work I however don't know how to post pictures other then as attachments in emails and I have never really posted anything any other way. I noticed to post thing on this site you need to do something differnt can I ask someone to tell me how to do it. I do have pictures on my face book file and my palcomics blog page but other then that I haven't post anything else other email. any and all advise will be greatly apprated

Joshua Palmer :geek:
palmtree

Re: Hello I am new here

Postby Charles » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Joshua. Welcome to the new forums of AnimationNation.

Posting pictures is easy. Start by clicking on the "Upload attachment" tab below when preparing to post. Then click on the "Browse" tab. Once you find the file on your computer you want to feature, click on the "Add the file" tab. This is virtually identical to adding a file as an attachment to email.

After that, click on "Place inline" and your image will be included in the text area of your message. Submit your post and it'll be published on the forums.

Try to limit the size of your image file as much as you can. If you have Photoshop, there's a feature of the program that will let you save it for the web as a seperate file. It's in the same menu as the standard save command is. If you can get it to 100 kb's or smaller it will load easier once it's posted.

Try it and see how it works. Feel free to experiment in the Gallery and get the hang of it.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion