animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Her Morning Elegance

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Her Morning Elegance

Postby skynet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:38 am

Stop motion animation music video... about 20 million views. For me, it appears that the animation is more creatively alive than the music. When I was watching it, I wasn't paying attention to the music, like the music was actually the score or background for the video. It seems like the video and the animation don't match very well. The music should probably be more interesting if it is meant to be a music video. Just my opinion.

You have to hear the whole song again if you watch the behind the scenes. Good marketing for the song? Too bad the sound is so bland and the style has been duplicated so many times.... but there is text in the behind the scenes that tells you how they made the stop motion animation.

Again, it's just my personal opinion on the music but I'm sure lots of other people out in the world could get into it.

I'd like to see more stop motion animation with real people though. The Brothers Quay used real people in some of their films.
skynet

Return to General Discussion