animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Some art from Disney's King of the Elves & Snow Queen

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Some art from Disney's King of the Elves & Snow Queen

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 pm

I don't know the status of either film, but there's some artwork floating about that looks good. I don't know who the artist is.

Here's a visual development sketch of the Snow Queen from the project of the same name at Disney. I like this technique as I've used it quite a bit in the past and in my book. Black line over blue pencil.

DisneysSnowQueen.jpg

DisneysSnowQueen1.jpg

There's also video on YouTube that shows art which appears to be from Disney's 'King of the Elves'. Sorry about the sound track, there's nothing much I can do about it except suggest that you mute it if it's a distraction to you.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Some art from Disney's King of the Elves & Snow Queen

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 pm

I think this is concept art for Snow Queen. Artists may be Harald Siepermann.

DisneysSnowQueen2.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is from Disney as well, only from days gone by. The Snow Queen in this illustration is not for the film, but perhaps for an attraction at one of the theme parks.

DisneysSnowQueen3.jpg
DisneysSnowQueen3.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 685 times

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Some art from Disney's King of the Elves & Snow Queen

Postby freshpaddy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 pm

In that video with the annoying music i saw a disc world novel... Disney surley aren't telling a Pratchett story? This would be cool but unexpected.
freshpaddy

Return to General Discussion