animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

All you need is yourself and creativity!

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

All you need is yourself and creativity!

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Me and Adrian have been working together in my studio the last couple of months while his wife is visiting family in Japan. We've been busting much arse updating this site, working on our own websites and playing music from time to time. Adrian is a great person to have on your side. He knows much about a lot of things and is always willing to share. We have appreciation for similar things and explore outside of the visual arts often. but it always comes back to music.

Music has been my number one inspiration, even though I'm not much of a musician. But the world is the pioneer of art in general. Always happens first in music. When I first came to A.N. back in 1999 I used the music industry as the examples of change in the multi media world. I based all my position off what was going on in music.

Not that this example I'm about to present to you is original or even the first. but it's just an example of what we can achieve as individuals. Today more so then our known history...which isn't very "known" btw since we really don't teach it at all...and when we do it's usually wrong.

but I digress

So check this guy, he goes by DUB FX. He's one of my new heros.

He shows us that all we need is ourselves to create. Not to mention what he creates has a positive vibration. check his lyrics.

Today, our technology is catching up with our intent. We can do anything by ourselves...and when we do, we inspire others. Some go on to do their own thing too, and along the way others adopt it and climb on board even for just a moment. We all become energy that is constantly changing, evolving and participating with each other. Constantly. Moving through people and with them. This is the vision of life I have and how it should work. The current system seems so divisive and destructive in many ways.

If you think about every thing we're dealing with from jobs, economy to health care to destruction like the gulf of mexico etc etc, it's all built on the concept of division and destruction. Everything. Even Education is built on division. School districts and budgets, why can't we all learn together?? colleges with insane price tags that cattle you into industries that hold monopolies are communities...Dogma should be our mascot. lol

But I digress.

Check the music, be inspired. Create your own reality.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion