animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Beauty's more than skin deep

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Beauty's more than skin deep

Postby Charles » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 am

A close friend turned me on to this.

It's the inspiring story of Stephanie and Christian Nielsen. A married couple living in Arizona, with children. Beautiful people, so physically attractive they could easily be models.

Then in 2008, while flying in a small plane, they crashed.

Christian was burned and disfigured, but it was nothing compared to what happened to his lovely wife. Here burns were so severe they changed her appearance completely and left her in a state of perpetual pain.

Here's what they looked like before the accident.

This is where they're at today.

They're devout Christians and they speak about their faith, so if you're easily offended by people talking about their spiritual beliefs and how they get through tragedy because of it, then you'll probably be uncomfortable viewing this.

But if you believe that beauty is beyond what we see on the surface of people, you'll appreciate Stephanie's message and her amazing strength, as well as that of her devoted husband.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Beauty's more than skin deep

Postby jeffnevins » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks for posting. Changed appearance must be very difficult- if it ever happens to me, I hope I will find such strength.

I've known how perpetual pain is for over seven months. I hope that she, myself, & others who have it keep the strength to endure.
jeffnevins

Return to General Discussion