animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Grand Opening: EntertainmentArtsAcademy.com- Only $10!

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Grand Opening: EntertainmentArtsAcademy.com- Only $10!

Postby eaa-mondo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi All,

I wanted to let everyone know about how I and a few selected folks are trying to bring animation and entertainment based arts eduction to a more attainable (in terms of cost)playing field.

So I opened my own school - specifically an online school called Entertainment Arts Academy.

Here is the link:
http://www.entertainmentartsacademy.com/

Entertainment Arts Academy is a true realization of a dream. A dream that is now alive on the internet. This idea came to me around the age of 14-15. I was going to multiple schools in 4 different cities ( from Rowland Animation/Associates in Arts/PCC/Art Center/etc) and I said that one day I will bring all this knowledge into one place. At the time AOL instant messenger was the biggest thing online and I knew just by experiencing the internet for the first time, watching a picture slowly download (painfully slow just to make sure you understand this), I wanted to bring a school to the world via the internet. I knew that this internet thing was going to change the way things got done. And so far it has.

Although we have many little things to improve on the site I think with enough support we could really change the cost of this kind of education. We will have 10 classes online for the month of Feb 2011! Each month after that expect 1-2 classes added every week!

Here is our YouTube Channel so you can check out some of the segments for the classes we have.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EArtsAcademy

Also the cost - it's only $10 a month. So that means 1 buck a class if you really think about it for the month of FEB. You can't beat that with a baseball bat. This price is for the next 100 subscribers - it will eventually raise but you can lock this price for the rest of your life.

Anyway, if you can pass the word that would help a bunch. I want my instructors to reap the benefits of their time invested into the school. Stay tuned over the next few months as we will even be doing interviews with the Head of Dreamworks Interactive to Directors on Fox's Family Guy.

If anybody has any questions feel free to hit me up.

Best,
eaa-mondo

Re: Grand Opening: EntertainmentArtsAcademy.com- Only $10!

Postby Charles » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Welcome to AN, Armando.

Thanks for posting the news about your grand opening. This looks great and I'm wishing you success with it. The fee you're charging is very reasonable and I'm sure you're hitting a niche that needs to be filled. Many of the online training programs I know of are priced over the top for a lot of people. You'll be able to attract a large base of users and build a good community from this. You're creating a new model.

Good luck and stay in touch as things develop.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby eaa-mondo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Charles,

Hey thanks for the response on this.

I hope we do well too! It has been an undertaking to get the site where it's at and we still improving as we speak.

I was thinking, I would love to offer a free class on Animation Nation - monthly? Maybe our storyboard class taught by Jules Aguimatang could be our first one?

A little about him: Jules is a graduate of California Institute of the Arts as a Character Animation Major. He has been a storyboard artist for the last 15 years for both feature and TV animation. He has worked for companies including Walt Disney Feature Animation, ILM and Sony Image Works. His many projects include Walt Disney’s Mulan, Futurama and the recently released Hasbro’s GI Joe feature.

Could I start a thread in the Education section? If not no worries!

Thanks Again,
eaa-mondo

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 am

AN's Education Forum is there for you. Feel free to utilize it to promote your program and enlighten artists.

If you'd like to offer a free monthly class via AN that would be great. We welcome an association with your online school.

When you get to the point where you're doing well with it and you're swimming in cash and you don't know what to do with all that financial success, consider advertising with us.

If you'd like to provide us with a banner that we can place on the site somewhere we'd be happy to do it as a courtesy. Feel free to contact us about it.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby eaa-mondo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Hey Charles,

Yes when we are rolling around in money we are going to for sure advertise here. And yes I would love to talk to you about a banner.

I am going to get another video ready for post right now...

Talk to you soon.

Best,
eaa-mondo

Postby eaa-mondo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Here is an ad we are putting out to promote our site. Also it was a great AnimaitonNation Night last night. Fun times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwFFm2VTD1w

Thanks!
eaa-mondo

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Here ya go...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion