animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Superman Classic

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Superman Classic

Postby JDC » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:05 pm

This has been going around the web today, so I figured I would share here. Rob Pratt, created this Superman short and I think it is pretty cool. If this was a series, I would watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WVlmNqMMs
JDC

Re: Superman Classic

Postby JDC » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 pm

JDC

Postby DanFletc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:46 pm

That was exceptional!
DanFletc

Postby Charles » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am

Robb Pratt's been interviewed by Animation Magazine about the Superman short he created.

Animated People: Rob Pratt takes 'Superman Classic'

February 17, 2011 by Thomas J. McLean

If you’re looking up in the sky or scanning your local theater for signs of Superman — you’re out of luck, as the Man of Steel has most recently been sighted on YouTube in an animated short created by professional animator and long-time Superman fan Robb Pratt.

The short clip, called Classic Superman, was a labor of love for Pratt, who came home from his animation day job to work on the project late into the night. Made in a classic, hand-drawn animation style, the clip most obviously evokes the spirit of the classic 1940s Superman shorts made by Dave and Max Fleischer. Pratt also used the music from the live-action Superman serial from the late 1940s, and got actor John Haymes Newton — who starred in the 1980s Superboy TV series — to voice the character, while Newton’s wife, Jennifer, played Lois Lane.

The rest, Pratt did himself — writing, designing, storyboarding, animating and compositing. And the fans have noticed — spreading the clip far and wide across the internet almost as soon as it hit garnering more than a quarter million views on YouTube.

Link to the interview.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion