animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Hey Hey - It's time for the Brown Hornet !

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Hey Hey - It's time for the Brown Hornet !

Postby Charles » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm

This was an animated series within a series. If you watched Fat Albert you could count on watching the Brown Hornet, voiced by the one and only Bill Cosby.

Filmation Studios produced it an The Brown Hornet always had a creative way of teaching solid lessons about life.

It was cheaply produced but I loved this cartoon and would always anticipate it on Saturday mornings. An eternal fan of the Brown Hornet.

In this one he teaches the Oranges and Purples not to judge each other by their color, but by their qualifications.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Hey Hey - It's time for the Brown Hornet !

Postby Charles » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm

The Brown Hornet takes on the Disgusting Professor Scribbler and foils his evil plan to cover the universe in graffiti and in the end, gets him to change his ways.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby paburrows » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:36 pm

I used to love that show as a kid!
paburrows

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 am

The Brown Hornet is the reason why I watched Fat Albert in the first place.

Here's an episode where he saves the day and teaches about the importance of communication skills.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby skynet » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Wow, this brings back memories that I can barely remember. Well, I guess it wasn't that long ago technically but it feels like it. Great stuff!

The music in these is entertaining too.
skynet

Return to General Discussion