animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Tom Hignite's 'Miracle Mouse' Kickstarter campaign

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Tom Hignite's 'Miracle Mouse' Kickstarter campaign

Postby Charles » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm happy to feature a brand new Kickstarter campaign that's just launched.

Tom Hignite who's been a member of the AN Forums for many years has also been developing hos own animated project during that time. Based in the beautiful state of Wisconsin, Tom's been producing "Miracle Mouse" as a feature film project intended not only to entertain but to help keep 2D traditional hand drawn animation alive and kicking in our medium.

Tom's being doing an amazing job in developing the Miracle Mouse project. The late Ernest Borgnine, one of Hollywood's greatest actors, voiced a part in the production making Miracle Mouse the last project he worked on in his life. His performance was completed by Rich Little, a legendary voice impersonator.

There are many notable voice actors and animation talent connected to Miracle Mouse. Hopefully we'll see a successful campaign that will give Tom's team the additional resources to keep this worthwhile project going.

Here's video of Miracle Mouse showing its excellent production quality followed by Tom Hignite describing some of the awards available to those who pledge their support.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter campaign.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... ref=search

The target is $250,000 in 30 days. Good luck Tom and everyone at Miracle Mouse!

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Tom Hignite's 'Miracle Mouse' Kickstarter campaign

Postby Charles » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Here's the main video for the Miracle Mouse campaign on Kickstarter...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Tom Hignite's 'Miracle Mouse' Kickstarter campaign

Postby Miracle » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

Hello Animation Nationers,

We are now about 10 days into our Miracle Mouse-Cranky's Miracle Kickstarter campaign and I am sad to report that we have not yet seen very strong support from the animation community.

The head-scratching thing about this is that it seems that most animation artsits I talk to verbally "say" they wish that 2D features would come back into the mainstream movie scene. This was clearly the case when I met thousands of animation enthusiasts who stopped-by to visit our booth at last weekend's Burbank's CTN Animation Expo. Many old-pros and newbie artists were excited to see 2D artsits trying to create a feature film. They said they were going to go to Kickstarter and support the film, yet they apparently have not yet done so.

We did get many business cards and viewed many portfolios,from artists wanting to work on the production. My standard reply was that if they wanted more 2D artists to go to work, the Kickstarter campaign would tell that tale.

So here we are. Hollywood studios have told us that no one wants to see 2D movies any more. I am guessing that many of you might disagree with that sentiment, yet to date, you have remained largely silent. Maybe this film's subject matter is not your ideal "cup of tea" or maybe the economy is just too tight right now. I would say that any subject matter in any 2D film could only serve to move the 2D cause forward. As for financial times, even the minimum $10 contribution(the cost of about 2.5 gallons of gas) could make a huge difference when banded with many other such contributions.

I do hope that the artist community reading this forum is still an artist community that wants to see 2D return. Now is the time to step up and support your 2D future.We sure could use your support!

Blessings,
Tom Hignite
Miracle

Return to General Discussion