animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

AMBS Holiday Short

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

AMBS Holiday Short

Postby HGDaGr8One » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 am

A.M.B.S.: "xXx-Mas Gift Givin"

In this 5th installment of A.M.B.S., Kole "BLACK" Sheep (Store Clerk) conversates with an old, rich guy about the holidays, gift giving, and Santa Claus. But, With B.S. involved matters take a turn for the worst. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9m9cTdfwAs
"Let yo' voice be heard, Break away from da' flock!"
HGDaGr8One

Re: AMBS Holiday Short

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Man, that is one nasty, misogynistic sheep. If he wasn't so smooth I'd dislike him, but there's something redeeming about the character. Maybe it's his easy going manner, like he knows himself and is comfortable in his own wool.

I'm including a warning to would be viewers, the language is strong and content not appropriate for everyone.

Enjoyed it none the less. Thanks for posting.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby HGDaGr8One » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Charles wrote:Man, that is one nasty, misogynistic sheep. If he wasn't so smooth I'd dislike him, but there's something redeeming about the character. Maybe it's his easy going manner, like he knows himself and is comfortable in his own wool.

I'm including a warning to would be viewers, the language is strong and content not appropriate for everyone.

Enjoyed it none the less. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for replying, it's cool to see that there is somebody on this forum that has a sense of humor...no matter how vulgar. I'm glad that you like Kole "BLACK" Sheep as a character in his own right. He is totally not for everybody.

Yes, a warning to would be viewers would be a good idea. One has to have a thick skin to watch A.M.B.S. It would be really awesome if you could send me a comment about either cartoon on You Tube.
"Let yo' voice be heard, Break away from da' flock!"
HGDaGr8One

Postby Charles » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 pm

This is the only place online where I comment besides posting on the Academy's blog, it keeps me busy enough, but feel free to use my comments for a review.

I do like your cartoon, It has a good feeling to it. I don't waste my time with content that's gratuitous in its vulgarity but yours is different because it's tied to that specific character and his sidekick. Now that you're adding additional characters it's taking on a new dimension and you can build out the narrative. It's not just about gags and play on words involving just 2 characters. Now you have other personalities for them to play off of.

My suggestion is to show the central character grow. And definitely through females. Maybe Kole meets someone and falls in love. Maybe he meets his match with a ho who puts him in his place. Or maybe his mother hunts him down and gives him a good slap upside the head. Things that will develop his world and give balance and meaning to the vulgarity and sexual aspects of it.

Have fun with this. I think you've got a good thing going, but realize that your audience is limited as long as you keep it hard core. If you broaden the appeal you'll get a bigger fan base. Do it through story and character. Good luck, looking forward to what's next.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery