animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Weird character

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Weird character

Postby sorryguyz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:33 pm

But I think he's funny. An homage to those cheezy 90's hiphop renditions of classic cartoon characters that were questionably bad but still kind of funny.

sorryguyz

Re: Weird character

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:53 pm

I dig it! lots of fun. I want to see his other arm though, maybe some attitude hand gesture. like yo.
and some color! such nice open shapes. play around with his depth! Cool work.
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:24 am

One look at the art and I know right away who it is. Really good drawing and great design. Nice to see this kind of solidity in your work, it's usually very spontaneous and free. Although this drawing has those features, the extra time you took to nail it has enhanced its appeal.

Great to have to here.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby sorryguyz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Thanks guys! Just testing out the new forums. They look really slick and everything is working fine for me. Great work!! wooohooooo!!!

SB - Thanks I actually did other poses of him but didn't post them. haha.
sorryguyz

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

I would love to see the new gallery inspire people to show process. We all love process and with work like this I imagine revealing some of the behind the scenes aspect would be a treat.
SNAKEBITE

Return to A.N. Gallery