animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Cool It!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Cool It!

Postby foureyed » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 am

Fellow Animators:

Cool It is a controversial new feature documentary on Global Warming from Bjorn Lumborg, the political scientist and author of The Skeptical Environmentalist. It's directed by two time Sundance winner Ondi Timoner. Our company, Four-Eyed Films, was hired to create two cartoon animated segments in the film explaining "Cap and Trade" and "Greenwashing". It's wasn't easy to entertain and inform on these complicated topics, but we think that was accomplished in our segments. The film begins a 500 theater run this Friday, November 12th nationwide. To view the animated clips go to http://foureyedfilms.com/detail.php?t=work&i=66

I welcome your feedback and look forward to participating in this very important industry website.

Gary Adler
Principal/Creative Director
Four-Eyed Films
www.foureyedfilms.com
foureyed

Re: Cool It!

Postby Charles » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Great! Thank you for posting the link to your company's animation and letting us know about this film. I learned more from these short sequences than anything else that's come my way so far about the issues addressed. The animation is clean and simple, the design very effective and the concept is communicated clearly and efficiently. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and welcome to the AN community.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Cool It!

Postby emavatson » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 am

foureyed wrote:Fellow Animators:

Cool It is a controversial new feature documentary on Global Warming from Bjorn Lumborg, the political scientist and author of The Skeptical Environmentalist. It's directed by two time Sundance winner Ondi Timoner. Our company, Four-Eyed Films, was hired to create two cartoon animated segments in the film explaining "Cap and Trade" and "Greenwashing". It's wasn't easy to entertain and inform on these complicated topics, but we think that was accomplished in our segments. The film begins a 500 theater run this Friday, November 12th nationwide. To view the animated clips go to http://foureyedfilms.com/detail.php?t=work&i=66

I welcome your feedback and look forward to participating in this very important industry website.

Gary Adler
Principal/Creative Director
Four-Eyed Films
http://www.foureyedfilms.com

Great thing .
emavatson

Return to A.N. Gallery