animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

YOU Kommand the Koala!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

YOU Kommand the Koala!

Postby D Houry » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm excited to introduce you all to my latest venture. It's a zany-fun, experimental, comic story which is entirely guided by my audience (that's you)! Read the story, type in a kommand, see if yours gets selected and watch it come to life. I aim to update daily, so check back often to participate and enjoy the ensuing craziness.

http://kommandthekoala.blogspot.com/2010/09/beginning.html

That's a direct link to start you on the first page, but the normal URL is:
KommandtheKoala.blogspot.com

Thanks for the opportunity to share! I hope you're all doing great,

-David
D Houry

Re: YOU Kommand the Koala!

Postby Charles » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Great to see you here again, David.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby D Houry » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks Charles! I've still been here, checking on your various updates, but I guess I haven't actually posted in awhile.

Should I update this thread every time I finish a new page for Kommand the Koala, or would that be too much?

Heheh, anyway, I just finished one! Enjoy. :D
D Houry

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:59 pm

David, feel free to update this as often as you like. You're more than welcome to fill us in on anything you have going on. What you're doing creatively is inspiring and entertaining so make yourself at home.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby D Houry » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:24 am

Thanks Charles!

Okay, it's worth mentioning that today's page features possibly my oddest idea ever. Without giving it away, I'll just say my intention was to allow for some awesomely fun, gruesome violence, but devoid of gore. It's a balance as I'm trying to appeal to and include both my adult and younger audience. That's something I've always juggled, but here I believe I'm pushing my own envelope a bit.

If y'all haven't been keeping up each day, I recommend starting at the beginning by following that link in my first post up there^! Heh, it's only 8 pages anyway. ENJOY!!
D Houry

Postby EAllen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:23 pm

I never told you in person David, but I've been waiting for this moment where you would creep closer to the edge in terms of . . . edgy content.

Seems like my wish came true. Almost.

Now I'm waiting for you to have Martin Koala battle zombies.
EAllen

Postby D Houry » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Oh yes, I definitely have the capacity to go dark and gruesome, but it's always filtered through my top priority of making things people of all ages can enjoy, because some of my best fans are really little kids. It really bugs me when I can't share something I love with everyone I know, just because of some bit of objectionable content. So with this, I'm glad to have invented a way to satisfy my desire for carnage in a completely acceptable and interesting way.

As for zombies.. It's sad, but although zombies have always stood as a cynical warning against mainstream consumerism, I think maybe lately, they've become a cliche.

However, I do think of my guards in Kommand the Koala as a kind of zombies, but hopefully more original and creative than resorting what everyone's already well acquainted with. Speaking of which, things are getting really crazy!:

http://kommandthekoala.blogspot.com/2010/10/use-cake-for-camouflage.html
D Houry

Postby D Houry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:08 am

Hello again!,

In the last few weeks, I've revamped Kommand the Koala with a much more open-ended story, multiple-choice Kommands and a faster art style which allows me to post more frequently.

I've currently abandoned the previous story in favor of giving you my audience more options and inspiration. I hope you'll all join in creating this story. I update every day or so.

Here's the current page:
http://kommandthekoala.blogspot.com/201 ... pters.html

Thanks and enjoy!,
-David
D Houry

Return to A.N. Gallery