animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Daisy's Diner short comic

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Daisy's Diner short comic

Postby JaredL » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Recently I decided it was time to finally start drawing some of the ideas I'd been sitting on, and now the first chapter is complete!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The whole thing can be read at http://comic.jaredlindquist.com
JaredL

Re: Daisy's Diner short comic

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Great little (ahem) comic!

If you're going to "develop" this further by all means keep us abreast of the situation.

;) :D

Daily Z

Charles

Postby JaredL » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:21 am

She will be back, though this is as much attention as I plan on giving her enormous whadjacallem - glasses - for the forseeable future. Better to just get it out of the way right up front and move on. :)
JaredL

Postby JaredL » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:09 am

Just finished my second chapter, which introduces Daisy's cousin, Violet -
ImageImageImageImage
:D
JaredL

Postby Charles » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:33 am

Thanks for featuring your excellent and inspirational work! Daisy's Diner looks like great fun! When will we see the Kickstarter campaign? :D

Daily Z

Charles

Postby JaredL » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:03 am

As soon as I figure out what to Kickstart! :)

A lot of the stories I have planned were originally meant for animation, but would require a team to finish. I may know what I want, but I know little about directing, and less about budgeting a film or being a producer...

Another idea was a Mario-style platform game... but I'm already a bit burned out on game development.

Most recently, I thought about Kickstarting a limited run of 3d-printed figures... basically using Kickstarter to do pre-orders. Too bad the manufacturer I had in mind is currently swamped. For now I'm going to see how Shapeways pans out for me. :)
JaredL

Return to A.N. Gallery