animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Art work by Mike Cervantes

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Art work by Mike Cervantes

Postby Mike C » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 pm

I wanted to start a thread to showcase some of my humble art work. Over the years I've seen the high caliber student artist come and go from the Animation Academy. I'm honored to called a student of the Animation Academy, and have and would recommend it to anyone who asks for higher learning. If you want more bang for your buck, with no hassle or nonsense from the staff of the other schools? Then head down to the A.C. and take your talent to a whole new level.

Now that I got that off my chest and out the way I'll step down from my soap box. let's get this ball rolling, The following is some of the work if done over the years.

I've posted some work in my introduction viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4981 but I'll repost it here.

These were done for a long beach motorcycle club. They put them on their leather jackets and have me one of the patches.

These are my first attempts at Photoshop, no where near to the work that the master snakebite is doing. The elephant was a tattoo design for a friend of mine. The second piece was for David Phelps for his campaign. He was running for the presidency of the CALIFORNIA YOUNG DEMOCRATS office. It was pretty cool, they make shirts, buttons, posters, coffee mugs and stuff. He also has it up on his website.

This last piece is a W.I.P. for a movie project I'm working on.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Re: Art work by Mike Cervantes

Postby Charles » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 am

Happy to see your creative productivity Mike. Thanks for posting your art and also for mentioning the Academy. You're doing really nice work. I especially like the last image you showed. Your skills are very evident in that piece. Keep creating brother! Looking forward to more.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Mike C » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks Charles for the words of encouragement

I did this piece for our safety environmental team at work this year. There's a rather sad story behind the turtle but I won't get into it (R.I.P. Cancade). The team wanted a commemorative piece with safety in mind. I drew the turtle with a hard hat and safety glasses. On the hard hat I added the Arco spark to show pride in our company's roots.
Last edited by Mike C on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Back in high school I did this piece of Julio Cesar Chavez. There's a couple thousand dots there.

This Emeliano Zapata was done the same way.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Scroll design for a friends tattoo.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Two different dream catcher designs I did for a friends tattoo.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 am

A couple quick eye doodles

A stingray design I did for a buddies sons softball team

The next two I did for a friend of mine, he calls calls one of his daughters peanut and the other daughter penguin. Why? I have no clue he didn't want to tell me. Lol but I have some pretty funny names for all of my kids.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 am

This was for a restaurant I did some work for years ago. Notice how I hid the hands behind the plates, I hate drawing hands!!!!!
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 am

This is a fish a worked on for the same restaurant. It was part of a mural I did that took up the whole wall. I really liked the way this little guy came out, I made him the focal point of the mural.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Very impressive work Mike! I like your graphics and line quality. Very suitable for tattoo design. I'm partial to the stippling technique you used with the portraits of Cesar Chavez and Zapata. I got into the same approach on lots of compositions in art school and later.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Mike C » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Charles wrote:Very impressive work Mike! I like your graphics and line quality. Very suitable for tattoo design. I'm partial to the stippling technique you used with the portraits of Cesar Chavez and Zapata. I got into the same approach on lots of compositions in art school and later.

Thanks Charles!

Yeah the stippling technique has always been fun.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Car t00n » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Wow! Cool artwork. I liked that penguin

-Lee
Car t00n

Postby Mike C » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Car t00n wrote:Wow! Cool artwork. I liked that penguin

-Lee

Thank you Lee!

:)
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:19 am

A tattoo design I'm completing for a friend, ink is done on to coloring the roses.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Guys and Gals

I've been extremely busy trying to set up my blog that i haven't posted or checked in for a couple weeks. Here's a link to it http://artworkbymikecervantes.blogspot.com/. Stop by and check it out i'm open to creative Criticism. Thanks for your time and see you around the board.

Mike
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Return to A.N. Gallery