animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

New to the forum long time follower of the Animation Academy

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

New to the forum long time follower of the Animation Academy

Postby Mike C » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi there my name is Miguel Cervantes AKA Mike C.
I'm new to the forum but long time follower of the Animation Academy and the staff and student that have come and gone through its doors.

I bit about myself, I live in Eastvale Ca. Over the last nine years I've worked in the oil industry as a senior pipeline operator. Over the years I've done some freelance logo, mural and character design work. In my early twenties I studied under Paul Wee, Jason Yu, charlie Ween and studied next to Jose Lopez in the flagship class. I was a founding father of the Animation Academy with Charles Zembillas. I want to revive my artistic passion/career and where better to start than here and soon back at the Animation Academy. Now in my mid 30's I feel a need to kick it in high gear. Moving dead dinosaur by products around was fun but it's not my calling in life. I wanted to thank you for allowing me to participate in this online community and family. I seek wisdom and knowledge.

Thanks for your time,

Mike Cervantes
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Re: New to the forum long time follower of the Animation Aca

Postby Mike C » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Image[/URL]

This is my latest piece I'm working on, it's still a work in progress. I still need to fine tune it, ink and do the final color. It's for a student film project for my brother is writing the script for. If it gets the green light the main character will have this piece tattooed on his back. His gang members/brothers will have this tattooed over their heart. Something like the gangs crest or symbol. It's all still on spec so I haven't given them any copies of anything.

Sorry for the dark picture, I had to use my photobucket account to upload the picture.

:)
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 am

Newbie mistake I tried to edit my previous post to change out the picture but I couldn't figure it out. Anyways, here's a pix from when I first started the piece.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 am

It's great to see you here Mike! Good memories of the early days of the Academy and also of Associates In Art before that. Your tattoo design is very impressive! Excellent work! Keep it up man. Looking forward to seeing more of your art. Good luck in all you do!

Tip - You have about half an hour to edit after you post. If you miss the window just follow up with another one.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Mike C » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Charles wrote:It's great to see you here Mike! Good memories of the early days of the Academy and also of Associates In Art before that. Your tattoo design is very impressive! Excellent work! Keep it up man. Looking forward to seeing more of your art. Good luck in all you do!

Tip - You have about half an hour to edit after you post. If you miss the window just follow up with another one.

Hey there Charles! Long time no see, yes good times in the early days. Specially after class when it was time to eat. Lol. Thanks for the words of encouragement it means a lot coming from you. I'll be posting more of my work soon, hopefully I could get some pointers & positive criticism from you and the community.

Thanks again for all your help back in the late 90's.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Years ago I did this piece for a motorcycle club in Long Beach CA. They made big patches for their leather jackets and they gave me one also. I worked it out where I sneaked in my initials (M.C.). Of course m.c. stands for motorcycle club. Lol, we artists are sneaky and devious devils.

A different version that they didn't use
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Mike C » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm

This is my " mother of tears" She was done with prisma color pencils.
DESHI BASARA!!!!
Mike C

Postby Charles » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am

Love the Mother of Tears. Nice concept and solid execution!

Here's a link to Mike's new dedicated thread on the Gallery showcasing his art...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4988

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery