animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

NeoDimension - Animation / live action mashup

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

NeoDimension - Animation / live action mashup

Postby SirRandom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 am

Hello there! I would like to present my fresh short film, NeoDimension. It's a story about a security engineer, who lands on an alien planet and has to fight his way through.

The film combines live action elements, namely the main character, with animated and digitally painted backgrounds. Almost all of the scenes include hand-animated, frame-by-frame effects or objects, which took an extra long time to make. NeoDimension was completed in little over three months, and I made the visuals completely by myself.

I did have some help with the audio side, since music plus sound fx were done by a couple of other guys. Additional sound acting was also included besides my own.

NeoDimension was largely inspired by old PC & Amiga games such as Shadow of the Beast, Captive, System Shock and Robinson's Requiem.

Tools of the trade were Adobe Photoshop and Premiere. I exported the frames out of Premire after keying and initial compositioning, and then I worked on them one frame at a time in Photoshop. The film was a lot of hard work, but hopefully it paid off.

http://vimeo.com/71727994

Enjoy!
SirRandom

Re: NeoDimension - Animation / live action mashup

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Very interesting technique! The work you put into it is obvious. Thanks for posting your film. Here's the embedded video...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery