animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

D.C. Drum Circle

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

D.C. Drum Circle

Postby Jose Saenz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:15 am

One of the best things about being in D.C. in the Summer is being able to experience the Drum Circle in Malcolm X park. Every Sunday (weather permitting) for the past 40 something years, percussionists of all walks of life have gathered while others look on, dance, and play. It's an amazing spectacle.

I was finally able to get out and shoot it. I posted it on my website:

http://www.josesaenz.smugmug.com/Portfolio/VIDEO/12102392_z2gyN#1016585455_PxCGN
Jose Saenz

Re: D.C. Drum Circle

Postby Jose Saenz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:32 am

...and now just a test to see how video is incorporated here through Vimeo...

Jose Saenz

Postby Charles » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:36 pm

I don't see Vimeo video on my screen Jose. I use YouTube exclusively when it comes to embedding video on the forums and it works out great everytime.

I have to say how impressed I am with the editing on DC Drum Circle. I really enjoyed the viewing experience all the more because of it.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Jose Saenz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:01 am

Thank you Charles. I'm hoping to do a lot more shooting and editing in the near future. I'm re-hooked. It used to be all I ever thought of when I was younger before getting into animation and illustration.

That's funny that you can't see the Vimeo clip. I can see it here on my side. I'll try Youtube next time or just showcase it on my site.
Jose Saenz

Return to A.N. Gallery