animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Tim's Time Machine

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Tim's Time Machine

Postby Yorb_Boss » Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 am

Hi guys, not been on in a while, been busy working away on uni assessments. Finished another one yesterday in which we had to plan storyboards for a two minute animation then animate 30 seconds of the animation. Our storyboards were reviewed during two sessions by none other than Mark Andrews, director of Pixars "Brave" and contributor to many well known films.

The story revolves around Tim, a 10 year old boy genius. After finishing a book on Vikings, he decides to research the subject of time travel and to create his own time machine. After some initial trouble with getting his heavy ladders to the bookcase, he retrieves the book and begins work on his machine. After creating the machine and getting a Viking of his own, he is then killed in cold blood for a bittersweet ending.

As you will see, I animated the first 30 seconds of this. Modelling, rigging and animation on this project was all done by me in about the space of 10 days.

I would appreciate any advice I can on the piece (particularly the animation, as I'm not greatly interested in rigging or modelling :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnSdNETi-g
Yorb_Boss

Re: Tim's Time Machine

Postby Charles » Mon May 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Nice work Darren. My contribution towards a creative suggestion would be... It's not necessary to show the character struggling with the ladder initially. Falling over as a result of trying to move it doesn't forward the story. Cutting to him moving the ladder towards the book shelves is sufficient to get the idea across.

Thanks for posting and good luck with your further progress on the project! Here's your embedded video...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery