animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Gump & Gil: The Series

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Gump & Gil: The Series

Postby Yorb_Boss » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:23 am

So me and a fellow student animator decided, in our spare time, to create an animation in about around 48 hours (which included sleep and some DVD breaks)

We came up with Gump & Gil, an animation (which we hope to now make a series of) about 2 friends, one being very dumb (Gump) and the other being very easily annoyed (Gil) and always getting into terrible situations because of Gump.

The animation was created in Toonboom and put together in After Effects. Please bare in mind the turnaround time that we will be working to which means they may not look 100% polished.

We hope to create more but please if you like what you see leave a comment or give us some tips if you have did this kind of thing before as this will motivate us to make more.

Thank you very much,

Darren & Jon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I3CPMJC7sw
Yorb_Boss

Re: Gump & Gil: The Series

Postby Charles » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks for posting your video. That's pretty darn good for 48 hours less time for sleep and breaks. Let's embed it...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery