animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Tony the Drugs Mule - Brand new cartoon from the UK

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Tony the Drugs Mule - Brand new cartoon from the UK

Postby tomdeller » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 am

Tony the Drugs Mule - by Tom Deller age 28.

WATCH and SHARE at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I87dJXqqko

This is the culmination of a lot of hard work, I hope you enjoy it, and your feedback would be much appreciated.

I am looking for a literary agent / publisher.

Contact me at t.deller@hotmail.com
tomdeller

Re: Tony the Drugs Mule - Brand new cartoon from the UK

Postby Charles » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi Tom and thanks for posting your video. Got a kick out of it. Fun story and I like the way you packaged the narrative.

You don't need an agent or a publisher. We're in a new world of agentless self publishing. Even if an agent was the way to go you're not at that point yet. Here in the animation industry for example you need to be successful first before an agent will take you on as a client. And they can't do it as a cold call either. You must be referred by an existing client of theirs.

So don't worry about that end of it cuz it's the tail wagging the dog. Use social media. Focus on creating and KEEP Creating for the long term if you want to make your mark with your work. Strive to refine and improve upon each endeavor and you'll eventually get to the point where they come to you. Or...

Crowdfund your project! ;)

Good luck!

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Tony the Drugs Mule - Brand new cartoon from the UK

Postby tomdeller » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Charles, Thank you for taking the time to reply.

That is really sound advice. As you have gathered, I am new to this industry.

I am so glad that you liked the cartoon, your comments made me very happy indeed!

I am doing all I can to get my work 'out there', if you have any advice on different social media sites that I can post on - then that would be much appreciated!

You'll be pleased to hear that I am working hard on my next comic strip 'Reverend Jacobi da Pimp Daddy' and will have it online in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again!

Tom.
tomdeller

Return to A.N. Gallery