animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The Fall of The house of Usher

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

The Fall of The house of Usher

Postby artwilly » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 am

The-Fall-of-the-House-of-Usher_WEB_numbered_small.jpg

Hi all,
I am hoping to get some feed back on which design is the best so that i can do a final environmental rendering of the house. These are some concept sketches for a new personal project I'm working on. It's based on "The Fall of the House of Usher" by Edgar Allen Poe. I wanted the house to literally feel as though it could swallow you whole. The theme of twins appears in several places in the story, so in most of the designs I wanted to make the house symmetrical. I want to subconsciously infer the "twin" idea. Please leave the corresponding roman numeral to the design you like best in your comment
artwilly

Re: The Fall of The house of Usher

Postby Charles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello there artwilly and welcome to AN. Your artwork is very impressive indeed and I really enjoyed looking at your stuff.

As for the choice of building designs I'd personally go with II and III would be my second choice. To me they give the feel of swallowing you up. I'd also include V and VII as contenders as V tends to have a menacing aspect to it as II does. Tough choice! Whichever way you go I'm sure it'll look great.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery