animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

New: Test Shot for Zey The Mouse! Clip

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

New: Test Shot for Zey The Mouse! Clip

Postby zey » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi, back again!

I have just finished a test shot of Zey Mouse riding his bicycle and doing a few stunts!!
please have a look: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2L7d7QdBJU
zey

Re: New: Test Shot for Zey The Mouse! Clip

Postby Car t00n » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

embedded

Hey Zey, glad to see you're still sticking with this project. What I really suggest that you increase the frame rate. Right now its just too slow, speed up the frame rate, add some more frames and it will look much better.

I like your characters and sets but with the frame rate so low its hard to follow and can be unappealing

Just my personal opinion, good luck
Car t00n

Postby zey » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 am

Hi, Thanks!!, i'm practicing more now than what i was at the begining! ive also been looking at the speed!!

I am determined to keep going and try as much as i can! :)
zey

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 am

When I first looked at the video I thought is was a costumed actor riding the bike. I realized that's not the case as it played on. Nice sequence. I'm sure it's a challenge to stop motion animate a character riding a bike. My suggestion would be to show Zey peddling as opposed to gliding along. It would be more work but interesting to see this effect. The payoff would be a more authentic replication of an action one would normally associate with riding a bike. Good luck and thanks for posting the animation.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby zey » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi, Charles, Thank you for your comments appreciated! Wow that was cool, you thought Zey was someone in costume!!

With the bicycle i made Zey look like he was pedalling by making his feet go forward and backwards because i can't change the pedals so they actually rotate round!! but i thought i'd make his feet move in some way!!.

As usual i am experimenting and trying thing's out!! :)
zey

Return to A.N. Gallery