animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

modern day animated "Dorian Gray" adaptation

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

modern day animated "Dorian Gray" adaptation

Postby VSBAUER » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:16 pm

I've been checking this site out for a while now... so glad to finally create a profile & join!

Anyway, I started animating in 2011 - made a bunch of shorts that I posted on my YouTube page, but wanted to raise the bar a bit for 2012 by taking on a longer project (not quite a full length, but longer than the average short)... so I picked one of my favorite books: Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray" & set it in modern day NYC.

It's coming along slowly, and so I wanted to post some of my work thus far. I'm hoping I attached/embedded the first two 'chapters' correctly...

The audio is just a makeshift narration I provided to describe the events of the story. It is not what I plan to use in the final product (there will most likely be actual dialogue between the characters)

Still... it's exciting to see results after months of work.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrG8cG1iKqg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWguF15KDA[/youtube]
VSBAUER

Re: modern day animated "Dorian Gray" adaptation

Postby Charles » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Welcome to AnimationNation VSBAUER!

Here's your embedded videos. The secret is in copying the part that follows the = sign and pasting it between the brackets.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery