animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Dgamm562- Portfolio Piece

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Dgamm562- Portfolio Piece

Postby dgamm562 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Back in 2010, I was inspired by the Mario Galaxy soundtrack- To the Gateway. Its a pretty and soothing melody, give it a listen:

My inspiration developed into a short story of a girl daydreaming in class about swimming through the ocean. Here she is and here is my animatic.

Before and After.jpg
Daydreamer- Main character

I wanted to pick it up again, dust it off and polish it into a portfolio piece for concept work, character design, storyboarding and animation. I've been working on it on and off. Earlier in the year, I worked on a background and some animation in Flash. (That helped me learn alot!)Today, I continued my work on some animation of her peeking into the cave and swimming in.

I would appreciate a critique on this piece of animation and your opinion of the story and boards.

Thank you for a moment of your time!
dgamm562

Re: Dgamm562- Portfolio Piece

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 am

Both your animatic and your short animated scene are very nice. There's a lot of positives for your concept design as well.

The animation on the short scene is very good and you're handling fundamentals well. There's a little choppiness here and there, very minor that comes along with running rough footage. Watch at the end where the character rises to swim off screen. The arc needs some attention.

Very enjoyable to watch! Thanks for posting.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Car t00n » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 pm

I really liked your animatic! I subbed you on YouTube too haha
Car t00n

Postby dgamm562 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 am

Thank you for the compliments and critiques, Cart00n and Charles. Much appreciated!
dgamm562

Return to A.N. Gallery