animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Getting More Views for My Animations and Show

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Getting More Views for My Animations and Show

Postby TransRobo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm hoping to profit from my show through YouTube, but I read that before that happens I need to rake in 100,000 views for one of my videos or more.

I've tried adding more tags to my cartoons, and I've even worked on my skills as an animator with Adobe Flash CS5. It seems no matter what kind of video I put up I can't get very much views.

Do I need to advertise my cartoons? Should I let YouTube put ads in my cartoons? Or do I need to get some kind of viral promotion going?
TransRobo

Re: Getting More Views for My Animations and Show

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 am

In answer to your questions I would say yes to all of them. Especially in promoting what you do.

First of all, produce good videos that compel people to watch. There's a lot of competition for viewership and only so much time in a day. With everything that's coming out it's on overload. Put your emphasis on creating great art first. Something that people would really want to see and would enrich their life experience in some way. Make them laugh or cry or just be amazed at your skill an what you do.

That should be your focus and priority right now.

I repeat... That should be your focus and priority right now. Making great art and enriching the lives of people who take the time out of their very busy day to watch your content. Everything else will follow.

Next, make it a point to develop a system whereby you can get the word out when you have something new to share. Develop community. Utilize all the resources available to you. Facebook, Twitter, DeviantArt, forums like this, what have you. Also develop an email list that you can use to send out newsletters. Keep your friends, family and fans informed of what you're doing.

This all takes time so be patient and stick with it.

As far as YouTube goes, I've yet to exploit it myself. I see it as the next frontier for what I'm doing. If you're on YouTube and you have animated videos happening as you do, then you've already taken the first step towards building your online content base.

Do the best you can with what you've got, strive to continuously improve upon what you do and look to positively impact your audience with what you have to offer. Above all... Keep Creating.

Hope this is helpful.

Good luck!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:59 am

What if I tried adding over-the-top humor in my stuff? Or what if I got a really good soundtrack for my show?

Surely a lot of people would watch me for those, right?
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:35 am

To be honest, I don't know. I don't know why people watch what they do when it comes to a lot of what's on YouTube.

I'm confident though that your viewership will increase if you provide quality content.

Over the top humor, a good soundtrack, music, all that helps. Story is a real driving force as well.

Do the best you can with what you do. Be yourself and do a good job at that. Stick with it and develop your style and your message whatever that may be. Get on top of your film making skills and push yourself out of any comfort zone you may be in. Challenge yourself to continually improve upon what you do and I bet that not only will your viewership go up, the regard that your audience will have for what you do will increase as well.

That's my take on it. You can produce content that is controversial. Do sexy girl cartoons. Be irreverent. Go for the shock factor. A lot of people have done that to get views. My question is, who are you? Who are you as an artist? Whatever that may be, then follow that path and you'll not only increase your views, you'll develop a dedicated following and fan base as well.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 am

Well, about the part there about making controversial cartoons.

I tried that by making a quick short that had Fred Phelps (infamous leader of the Westboro Baptist Church) getting brutally shot to death, followed by a title card saying "Killing Phelps will do mankind a favor." It had a terrible reception.

I better try sexy girls instead.
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 am

Well there ya go. Can't go wrong with sexy girls. ;)

The best thing is to make films that you want to make and communicate what you want to say. I'd add in a positive way.

Focus on your art. That's the central ingredient. The rest will follow.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Since sex sells, but I still want this to be a family show, how's this for sex appeal?
Attachments
Corono.jpg
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Sexiness sells.

Interesting character. Has possibilities! Try moving the feet towards each other at 90 degree angle as opposed to a horizontal plane and you'll see in improvement in the way the image works within the background.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:22 am

Charles wrote:Sexiness sells.

Interesting character. Has possibilities! Try moving the feet towards each other at 90 degree angle as opposed to a horizontal plane and you'll see in improvement in the way the image works within the background.

I know. Right now I just wanted to know if she was too scantily clad to be on a family show.
TransRobo

Return to A.N. Gallery