animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Introduction + Work + Hello everyone!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Introduction + Work + Hello everyone!

Postby Knobi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello and good evening everyone!

My name is Knoby, and I'm new around these parts. I'm surprise it took me this long to jump onto an animation forum, but thought it was finally a good time to do so. I've been drawing since I was a wee toddler and enjoy it immensely on my time off.

I hope the people I meet here are liked minded individuals and will hopefully create some new friends from being on this site. :D

As you can probably tell from my animation -- I like my jokes a bit raunchy but with a lighthearted coating over it.

This animation took me close to 5 or 6 days. I used Toon Boom for the animating process. Photoshop for the color/shading/lighting process, and lastly Windows Movie Maker for scene placement, subs, etc.

For audio, I used Reaper (random) which helped a lot for creating multiple tracks and cutting things up for what I need and etc.All the sound effects were all either through my mouth, or objects around my apartment (besides the fire + explosion.)Reaper also helped with the voices, I was able to change the semitone to give my main character almost a child like direction in their voice.

I didn't realize how important it is to properly render animation until after I finished completely and notice the low res of the video which is a mistake I hope to avoid in the future. I'm new to animating but I hope to grow in it.

I hope you guys can enjoy it for what it is -- a simple story telling of a misfortune character (what's new?) and I will steadily like to get to know the rest of your works as well.

Well, here it is. My animation as well as my new channel I just started yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_3EqdXqi8o&feature=plcp

Enjoy!
-----------------------------------------
Knobi

Re: Introduction + Work + Hello everyone!

Postby Knobi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot I've also made a comic series a little while ago, and thought to share it here as well. :)

(Animal XY)

http://www.hanandfriends.blogspot.com/
-----------------------------------------
Knobi

Re: Introduction + Work + Hello everyone!

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Knobi and welcome to AN. Thanks for posting your video. Enjoyed watching it and appreciate your sharing how it was produced. Looking forward to more.

Embedding the vbideo...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery