animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Mars! - Lemonade Wars

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Mars! - Lemonade Wars

Postby mrgonzo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and animation in general. We finally finished a full pilot episode of a series we call Mars! Please take look and let me know what you think.

Part I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyZ4aw1Tis&feature=plcp
Part II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENDS22wRBT8&feature=plcp

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks!!!
mrgonzo

Re: Mars! - Lemonade Wars

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for posting your videos. Enjoyed watching them. I like the concept and the writing was pretty good.

Embeding the video along with a link: www.dirtydiaperstudios.com

Daily Z

Charles

Postby mrgonzo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Thank you Charles. Really appreciate the feedback. Glad you enjoyed them.
mrgonzo

Postby TransRobo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:48 am

This is some pretty raunchy stuff, but I think it would have potential if it got more attention across the web. :)

How long did it take to make just the pilot?
TransRobo

Postby mrgonzo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I agree and hope it would take off on the web. But, I'm not very good at marketing, and not sure how to get it more attention.

As far as time it took to make it. It's funny, we scripted and recorded the dialog in just a couple of weeks. But it took me almost two years working on it on and off to get it done! But I think total time of actual continuous work is maybe about 80-100 hours. Used a mixture of Anime Studios, GarageBand, and iMovie to put it together.
mrgonzo

Postby TransRobo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I use iMovie myself to put some of my own videos together, and I've used Garage Band for some of my soundtrack as well. :)

You could try promoting the show on other websites if they'd let you.
TransRobo

Return to A.N. Gallery