animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

I have not been around here for a long time...

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

I have not been around here for a long time...

Postby jjohnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 am

I have been gone from the A.N. forums for a long while! We had a big move to a new house, and we couldn't sell our old house for many many months!! For a long while, we were paying the bills on two properties. But, all that is over now, we finally sold our old house and are just now beginning to get caught up financially again! I have been working on creative things when I can and thought I would share a few here in the A.N. Gallery.

thehoppingdead_lowres.jpg
This cartoon illustration is a humorous take on a zombie that I have put on a get well soon greeting card in my online store and on a T-shirt design in another online store of mine...

Alien Warrior_card_low_res.jpg
This cartoon illustration was done just for fun and practice. Then I came up with a good use for it! I put it on a name specific birthday card for boys in my online greeting card store...
Attachments
the_final_Dark_shadows_fever_low_res.jpg
I did this illustration for the "Dark Shadow" contest on DeviantArt. I didn't win but I had a lot of fun with it. I inked the black and white lines in Illustrator and finished the color in PSD and ArtRage...
Karen_J_Nikki_Sixx_final_low_res.jpg
I did this portrait of Nikki Sixx for my cousin. I drew the black and white lines in an ipad app. called DoInk and finished the color in PSD on my mac. I liked the way in turned out...
tree_moon_greeting_new_final_low_res.jpg
I did this illustration specifically for a Halloween card design in my online store. It was started on my ipad and finished in PSD on my mac.
_low_res.jpg
This cartoon dragon was drawn on paper and inked with a thin black marker. I scanned it in and painted it on my ipad in the ArtRage app. with watercolor brushes. I used it on a greeting card in my store...
jjohnson

Some very short short animations

Postby jjohnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:23 am

This was done in the iPad app DoInk. I couldn't get the embed to work so here is a Vimeo link...
https://vimeo.com/39593624
jjohnson

Another short animation...

Postby jjohnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 am

This one is on my deviantart page...

http://fanimation.deviantart.com/art/Pencil-test-Fright-Night-for-Burglars-294789589

The animated gif on my deviantart page moves slow and jerky but you can see each individual drawing better. This Vimeo video has faster timing and smoother movement...

https://vimeo.com/39960236
Last edited by jjohnson on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
jjohnson

One more short one...

Postby jjohnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:40 am

This one has sound and is my attempt at a fish turning in the water...

https://vimeo.com/39960085

As you can see I could not quite get the sound in sync with the movement yet!
jjohnson

Re: I have not been around here for a long time...

Postby Charles » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Great to see you back on AN again John. Glad you're finding time to create especially with the pressures you've been dealing with.

To embed Vimeo video, take this part of the url... vimeo.com/"39593624"... and paste in between the vimeo brackets. Here's the result...

Same thing with the second video. Take this part of the url... vimeo.com/"39960085"... and paste it between the vimeo brackets... [vimeo][/vimeo] .... and it shows up like this...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 am

I like the portrait of Nikki Sixx the best. Good work John.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby LongyTV » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:40 am

I am loving the dragon...:)
LongyTV

Postby jjohnson » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks Charles and LongyTV!
jjohnson

Return to A.N. Gallery