animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

My Blog

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

My Blog

Postby Charles » Mon May 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Hello folks.

For years I've always used the Gallery section on the AN Forums to share artwork I was coming up with. Lately, I've been more productive and as such if I were to start posting everything I'm coming up with I'd be hogging the Gallery.

So it's time to get my own art blog up and running, and that's what I've done.

Here's the url... http://zembillas.blogspot.com/

ZblogLogo3.jpg
ZblogLogo3.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 1766 times

This is a long time coming and the time is right to start getting the massive amount of content I've got accumulated out there,. along with the new stuff I'm doing.

It's a daily blog. In fact, I could probably post several images a day for the rest of my natural life and still have plenty left over from what's in storage and what's in store. A lot of it has historical value and has never need published and hardly even seen. I'll be reposting some things I've featured on the forums before, with a lot of other stuff from now and then.

Please feel free to visit. Your comments, company and community are welcome, and comments are respectfully moderated.

Looking forward to this new experience, and thank you friends for your views and reception to my work all this time on the Gallery. I'll still be around creatively and will be posting daily on the personal art blog.

Keep Creating!

http://zembillas.blogspot.com/

Daily Z

Charles

Re: My Blog

Postby Charles » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:37 pm

It's coming up on a week now since I've started working on my first personal art blog. I've got something of a small following. That's a start!

This has been a good experience and it's helping to fuel the creative fire I've been feeling ever since I moved my school to a dedicated classroom this past January. I've got a lot of art that I'm generating each day, adding to the eventual content of what this is about. Working on the blog is making me create even more, on top of what I'm doing in class when teaching.

Thought I'd give friends here a look at some of what I'm doing now. I did these last night just hanging out. Drawing raw into Photoshop with a cheap graphics tablet and adding color.

You can see what I've got going so far at http://www.Zembillas.blogspot.com. It's a daily blog.

ColorGirl1a.jpg

ColorGirl2a.jpg

ColorGirl3a.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't know why I waited so long to get around to this. I think with all the distractions of running your own business, teaching large groups of students, dealing with AN along with one's personal life, it's easy to get sidetracked from your own art.

Maintaining a creative blog is very healthy and it also motivates me to produce more.

Here's what I came up with last night after class drawing in Photoshop which I've just uploaded to my art blog, which is updated daily.

Revelation1a.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 am

Just finished this. Ill be uploading it later today.

www.zembillas.blogspot.com

Endure1a.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby LongyTV » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 am

Hi Charles,

I enjoy your character designs and drawings a lot. Nice that you are putting them all in a blog now.
This drawing of the 'Heartbreak Man' is a cracker!
LongyTV

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 am

Thank you LongyTV.

I'm enjoying this blog a great deal. It's giving me an opportunity to showcase and share artwork I've had sitting around for years. It's also inspiring me to create more.

http://www.zembillas.blogspot.com

Case in point, here's a design I did for a project I was working on way back in 1985. It was a Greek mythology project and I have quite a bit of work from it that's never been shown.

After all these years I've finally gotten around to coloring the line work for this composition and then I added the name of Greece to the picture. I did this in Photoshop over the weekend.

GreekWarrior1.jpg

There's more work that I'm publishing every day. Some of it new and more recent stuff, some of it older art that's never been seen before and which has some historical significance.

I've been maintaining my first personal art blog on a daily basis for three weeks now. I enjoy it a lot and I've got a following that's starting to develop on top of it.

There's lots more content on the way.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby LongyTV » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Loving the drawing of the 'Greek Guy'. You are very good at Human Anatomy. I used to learn Anatomy from the books of George Bridgeman and Burn Hogarth. Great Artists both! However I like to develop Cartoony Characters, but Bridgeman and Hogarth are my Go To Guys, whenever I am called upon to draw realistic humans.
LongyTV

Postby TransRobo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Charles wrote:Thank you LongyTV.

I'm enjoying this blog a great deal. It's giving me an opportunity to showcase and share artwork I've had sitting around for years. It's also inspiring me to create more.

Case in point, here's a design I did for a project I was working on way back in 1985. It was a Greek mythology project and I have quite a bit of work from it that's never been shown.

After all these years I've finally gotten around to coloring the line work for this composition and then I added the name of Greece to the picture. I did this in Photoshop over the weekend.

GreekWarrior1.jpg

There's more work that I'm publishing every day. Some of it new and more recent stuff, some of it older art that's never been seen before and which has some historical significance.

I've been maintaining my first personal art blog on a daily basis for three weeks now. I enjoy it a lot and I've got a following that's starting to develop on top of it.

There's lots more content on the way.

Awesome. Simply awesome.
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks!

I'm starting to get some pretty good traffic there. Maintaining a personal art blog is a lot of fun. Wish I would've started on it a long time ago. That's okay cuz it's all good! It's also giving me added incentive to... Keep Creating! ;)

Mixing up old stuff with newer stuff with Crash Bandicoot and my emerging community seems appreciative.

ThreeDragons.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Is that an individual dragon, or a three headed dragon?
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 pm

It could go either way but at the time I did it I was thinking 3 individual dragons.

Here's the latest entry. Some doodles from last night's class...

FourHeads1.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 am

These are very good, especially everyone after the heftier looking guy on the left.
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks for your comment.

My blog has been going well. This coming weekend will mark two months and I haven't missed a day of content so far. There's an emerging community forming up over there and it's mostly coming from Crash Bandicoot fans. So I mix it up with old and new stuff as well as Crash art both old and new.

www.zembillas.blogspot.com

Here's the latest. Something I found interesting and validating.

In 2008 I painted this composition in Photoshop for practice and posted the image in the AN Gallery. Superman flying straight up so fast he displaces the atmosphere and breaks the sound barrier.

Superman3a1.jpg

Compare to 1:10 of this video. The trailer for Man of Steel coming June 2013.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:18 am

It's a little ironic that this happened.

TV Tropes is probably gonna read about your picture being similar to that scene and put it under "Hilarious in Hindsight".
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am

That would be cool to see. Similarities are pretty darn amazing if I do say so myself.

The past couple of days have been really significant on my blog as traffic took a big jump forward. I've had some good days over the past two months with a gradually increasing number of daily visitors. Yesterday it shot up to a level comparable to the traffic that AN's homepage would get. Looks like it's the Crash Bandicoot community that's discovering my blog in ever increasing numbers and there's also an emerging element of Jak and Daxter fans that's a factor.

I'm learning a lot from this as I'm seeing where my fan base is.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby lavallelee » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 pm

I just followed your blog, great stuff!

*bookmarked*
lavallelee

Postby Charles » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 pm

My art blog is working out great. Two and a half months into it and I haven't missed a day's entry. Getting really good traffic too. Lots of Crash Bandicoot fans showing up. I keep them in mind and frequently feature art I've done from the game and other things too. Here's what I came up with this week on Thursday during the Visual Development class I teach at my school The Animation Academy.

Thanks for checking out my blog. It's good to be creating all the time again.

GypsyGirl1a.jpg
GypsyGirl2a.jpg
GypsyGirl3a.jpg
GypsyGirl4a.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Nice art you're putting out as usual. :)
TransRobo

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 am

Thank you. Here's something I added recently. Completed the drawings last week as part of the class assignment I gave myself. It's an illustrated character rotation where each pose is rendered. Clicking on the image will give you a better view. Here's the link to the blog article that features each drawing.

LittleMonsterRotation.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Car t00n » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow! Sweet character design. Keep it up, Charles!
Car t00n

Next

Return to A.N. Gallery