animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

BasketBall Fail! - New Comedy Short

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

BasketBall Fail! - New Comedy Short

Postby creative » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Hey Guys! Here's My newest comedy short for this week . I feel Im Improving! and like I said before, is all to your comments and Critique!
I feel I worked a bit more on the background on this one than I normally do, so CNC is Highly appreciated! Don't forget to Like and Share, but only If you laughed! :lol:

creative

Re: BasketBall Fail! - New Comedy Short

Postby Charles » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 pm

You are improving, I can see it in several areas.

Something I'd like to suggest and I hope you consider what I'm saying. It's meant to help and encourage your progress.

Clean up the content. For one thing, the images you have in the background are not consistent with the very longstanding policies of the AN Gallery and the site in general. The raunch is a bit too much. Don't want to start taking down your good work.

Also, you'll be viewed in a much more serious light if you do what I suggest and keep it a bit more on the family friendly side of things if you would please.

Other than that, your films are getting better all the time. Thanks for including AN in the credits too, that was good to see.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby creative » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 am

I understand Charles. Sorry about that - I thought that including what we usually see in the ugly parts of the city Basketball courts would help the imagery of the places where such behavior most-likely takes place. But perhaps it was wrong, I do want to improve my work and for it can reach as much people as possible, so that when my talent is ready, i can send good messages.

So seeing as i would like to do my part in fixing the world a bit, i should probably draw it the way I would like to see it. It just gets very confusing at times. Thank's for the input. There was really no need for those ugly images :(
creative

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 am

This is the way I see the role of artists in modern society. Ugliness is everywhere, and most of the time if not all of the time that ugliness is the result of people. Not all people of course, but we can make a hell out of heaven.

On the flip side, we can also make a heaven out of hell.

If that was my neighborhood, and the one I grew up in got as ugly as they get, I would walk up to that wall, paint it over and replace it with something like... "Love Our Hood" or "I Love the People of My Neighborhood" or something positive to help the folks I live with feel better about our home.

It's the responsibility of artists not to ignore the ugliness, but to help give people an alternative to it. Artists have always been the leaders in society throughout history, by helping people around them envision things including the future. We can contribute to the ugliness, or we can make things beautiful.

It all comes down to the choices we make in exercising the power of our art. We can choose to focus on the ugliness and be a part of it, or we can make the world a better place, literally, by inspiring people to greater things and to show the beauty in life and in our world.

That's a big part of the reasoning behind this website. Our community can choose to languish and be subject to the forces that suppress us, or we can liberate ourselves through pro-activity, independence, unity, cooperation, collaboration, respect, education, all positive things.

In any case, I appreciate where you're coming from and I do enjoy your films. If you can make a slight adjustment with the work you post here without compromising your core creative essence I'd be grateful for that. Thanks and good luck.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby creative » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Wow... Hey Charles, you have given me much to plunder on. I appreciate your kind words of direction for the carry an immense amount of knowledge and truth. I feel very content after reading this and believe you're right. I will not abuse the power of Art to promote what i deeply wish would stop... This is the best thing about being in such a great community, You learn things and discover things of oneself which we would otherwise ignore. Charles, I want you to know, your words won't be ignored, I will do My best to grow as a respectable artist. Thank you so much.
creative

Postby Charles » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks for your comments Creative. For fun and inspiration, take a look at how artists can focus on the ugliness of the world. To bring attention to injustice and commemorate a brutal event, and also just ripping things up from the mind's eye.

This is the work of Fransisco De Goya who was a Spanish painter and lived from 1746 to 1828.

This is called 'The Shootings of May Third 1808' painted in 1814. In it Goya depicts the incident of a massacre by the French during the invasion of Napoleon and the Spanish War of Independence. This was a shocking work for its time.

Goya1.jpg

This painting of his is from Greek mythology and is called 'Saturn Devouring His Children'. It's gruesome and grotesque, and also an intense piece of art that shook people up.

Goya2.jpg

The same artist painted 'Colossus', staggering the imagination.

Goya3.jpg

Artists have power.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby creative » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Those are brilliant pieces. I remember seeing Saturn devouring his children long ago. I'm yet to find my path on how my art is to communicate people positive change. I trust in God, that when the time is right-- Inspiration will surface.

Thanks Again Charles.
creative

Return to A.N. Gallery