animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

3D stereoscopic music video: "Everything That Grownups Know"

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

3D stereoscopic music video: "Everything That Grownups Know"

Postby simplecarn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Quick bit of background: I'm a singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist who has jumped head first into 3D stereoscopic animation. As in, hand-drawn limited 2D animation, but assisted with a computer and rendered in stereoscopic 3D. (Think Yellow Submarine being viewed through a ViewMaster, and you're most of the way there there.)

Instead of releasing my next album as a CD, I decided to take on the challenge of making a stereoscopic animated video for every track on the album. I plan to release a 3D blu-ray instead of a CD when the project is complete.

This is the latest video I finished:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Vt11n4dtE

You will need red/cyan glasses to properly view the 3D effect, but you can turn it off by clicking on the 3D button on the YouTube player and choosing "Turn off 3D" from the popup menu.

I'd appreciate any comments/critiques you have. Although I probably won't be changing much on this particular video (I spent the last five months on it), your feedback may help with the remaining videos.

Thanks!
simplecarn

Re: 3D stereoscopic music video: "Everything That Grownups K

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Very nice experience watching your video. I especially like the music. The visuals are pretty basic but you did a good job with it. My suggestion for your future attempts would be to find ways to enhance the imagery and animation a notch or two and match it up with the quality of the song.

I appreciate the work you put into the video. It shows and I wish you good luck with your next project. Looking forward to it.

Here's the embedded video...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Car t00n » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Haha cool video.

Looking forward to more!
Car t00n

Postby simplecarn » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for the very kind words, Charles!

Charles wrote:The visuals are pretty basic but you did a good job with it. My suggestion for your future attempts would be to find ways to enhance the imagery and animation a notch or two and match it up with the quality of the song.

Yep, that's indeed the plan. I have nine more videos to make, so I'm hoping to come out of the other end of this project with the equivalent of a self-taught filmmaking/animation degree.

Charles wrote:Here's the embedded video...

Unfortunately, when you put an embedded 3D video in this forum it doesn't show it in 3D. You need to actually go to YouTube to see it in 3D, or to switch it to full screen 2D. At least it's that way on my browser.
simplecarn

Postby simplecarn » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Car t00n wrote:Haha cool video.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks, Car t00n!
simplecarn

Return to A.N. Gallery