animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

New to forum and animation

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

New to forum and animation

Postby kkane97 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Hello, this is my first post on here so here goes. I am 14 years old and have been interested in animation for many years now. When i was younger i used to borrow my moms camera and make short little stop motion videos using clay. I then decided this year to learn a different type of animation, something more realistic and professional. So i started with toonboom studio I have attached a project i made for school for the book of mice and men. Im hoping to learn to make the characters move their heads around more and look like people. If you have any critism good or bad please fire away im always open to suggestions. =] -Kevin [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwsJ83732tY[/youtube]
kkane97

Re: New to forum and animation

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Welcome to AN Kevin.

Let's embed your video. Take this part of the url... DwsJ83732tY ... and paste it between the youtube brackets... [youtube][/youtube] ... like so...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby kkane97 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks i noticed it didnt embed i couldnt figure it out =]
kkane97

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:22 pm

I back up the idea of getting more movement in your animation. Something besides lip syncs. Little things like some head movement, or raising an arm now and then to add interest and expression to the characters and dialogue would help. Look at what it did for simple animation like The Flinstones. Also, don't neglect eye contact between your characters.

Anyway, ya did good for starting out on Toonboom. The more you explore, the better you'll get at both the use of the software and with your basic skills. Good luck, looking forward to what's next.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby kkane97 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for the input i read somewhere on here that toon boom is special because it uses 2d technology in a 3d world does that mean i can have 2d drawings but one farther back than another? Because that would be really cool =]
kkane97

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 pm

From what I understand of the software, you can create something of a 3D environment within your 2D animation. Check out this video...

Here's another video that explains what you're able to do with characters...

Last edited by Charles on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby kkane97 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:44 pm

W.O.A.H My mind was just blown i had no idea that that level of stuff could be done! wow i have a lot to learn! thanks for those videos =]
kkane97

Return to A.N. Gallery