animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Life Drawing Practice - by J.K.

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Life Drawing Practice - by J.K.

Postby JK Riki » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 am

In 2011 one of my goals was to fill a sketchbook (100 pages) per month with life drawing practice. Well, I fell short of that by about seven sketchbooks, but I learned a lot and decided to give it a go again in 2012. I've been doing at least a half hour of drawing per day so far, and things are going well. I'm really enjoying it.

I thought I'd say hello to the forum, what with being new, and also post some of my sketches at the same time. So hope you enjoy! (And I'm always open to suggestions, if anyone has any!)

See you around the forum!
-J.K.
Animator Island: A resource for animators featuring weekly tips, tricks, and secrets of animation
JK Riki

Re: Life Drawing Practice - by J.K.

Postby Charles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Hey JK. Before I add some comments about your sketches, I'd like to let you know that your site's been featured on AN's homepage for this date in our 'Member Spotlight'.

Animator Island looks pretty good and I'd like to see it get some additional attention.

Here's the link to the homepage.

http://www.animationnation.com

And here's where to go for the dedicated topic.

Congrats, welcome to AN, and good luck with Animator Island.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Life Drawing Practice - by J.K.

Postby JK Riki » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:58 am

Wow, thanks! That's totally awesome of you. Yes, Animator Island is there to help other animators improve, so we appreciate the link. The more animators that get something out of it, the more it's been worth all the work! :)

This coming Monday's article is actually on Drawing; a tip that helped me a lot to change my perspective on practice. I never liked to practice much, but now I love to draw.
Animator Island: A resource for animators featuring weekly tips, tricks, and secrets of animation
JK Riki

Return to A.N. Gallery