animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

IRONDUCK Fight Test

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

IRONDUCK Fight Test

Postby Car t00n » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Howdy,

How are all you?

I have made a IRONDUCK Fight Test

Could you please take a look and tell me what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1jbgahT ... e=youtu.be

Please tell me whats wrong and what works!

Thanks

Lee Witz
Cartoonyanimator
97leewitz@gmail.com
Car t00n

Re: IRONDUCK Fight Test

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:34 am

It's a good start Lee. You know the action you're attempting to communicate. Lots of times beginning animators and even some experienced ones don't have a clear idea about the statement they're trying to make when it comes to effectively describing action.

The thing that's missing the most in your scene is a sense of exaggerated action. Broad, dynamic movement needs to be emphatic and overdone in order for it to be perceived clearly. It's different than live action. You need to go beyond hat you would normally expect to see as far as your key poses are. Research 'Line of Action' and you'll see what I mean. You also need to work on the timing of your poses.

You're definitely on the right track. With study, observation and practice you'll be amazed at what you'll be doing with your future work.

YouTube or Google "Principles of Animation' and take advantage of the lessons that are available on the Web.

Here's your video embedded. Thanks for posting and good luck.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery