animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Stopmotion: Hour to Hour

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Stopmotion: Hour to Hour

Postby DoubleG » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:17 pm

There's a man sitting in the forest. He notices that the time has passed and gets all philosophical about it until, the end, that is .

A small dialogue from Shakespeare's 'As you like it' prompted me to this idea. I used it to practise my animation and lip syncing skills. I'm an amateur animator who likes to improve himself.

Critics are wanted and needed :oops:
DoubleG

Re: Stopmotion: Hour to Hour

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello there DoubleG. For an amateur animator, you did a fine job with this little film. Technically I'm sure there's areas that can be improved upon, maybe the camera jumping around a bit for example, but from what I see I think your effort is impressive. The thing I like the most about what you've done here is that you've given your film a narrative. There's a purpose to what you're communicating that inspires contemplation. The dialogue is lost at the end, I didn't get what the character was saying. That's my biggest criticism, but overall, for what it is, you did a-ok. Thanks for posting this, enjoyed it.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby DoubleG » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. ;)

Charles wrote: The dialogue is lost at the end, I didn't get what the character was saying.

Ok, maybe I should redo the sound effect in the end.
Its As you like it- Ac7 Scene 2(the forest: Jacques)http://www.william-shakespeare.info/act2-script-text-as-you-like-it.htm. For people who didn't see my clip yet I will not spoil it but you can check the text there.

I have a question about the divers shots I made. How can one better plan this? I only could animate one day a week in the weekend. So I had to set up again every time. Because of this I didn't want to create jumpers but choose for each scene (3 to 4 seconds which I was able to do in a day ) to have another angle. I agree the its a bit to much now but do you have any pointers? I am also interested in books or articles about the subject.
Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
DoubleG

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't know enough about stop motion animation to give you the technical advice you're looking for. My suggestion would be to leave the camera and everything else in place exactly as you left it the session before, then pick it up from there next time.

I Googled "stop motion forum" and found a stop motion forum.

http://www.stopmotionanimation.com/dc/dcboard.php

There's also this...

http://www.stopmotioncentral.com/phpbb3/index.php

And this...

http://www.stopmotionworks.com/shoptalk2.htm

And other sites you can access that I'm sure will provide you the info, support and advice you're looking for to grow in your art.

Good luck DoubleG and check in with your work when you're ready to showcase it.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery