animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Character Design

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Character Design

Postby Armstrong1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:50 pm

I drew these a while ago in Prof. Zembillas' Character Design class at CSUN. I decided to try some color on them yesterday. What do you think?
http://joshuamarmstrong.blogspot.com/2011/07/character-design.html
Armstrong1

Re: Character Design

Postby Charles » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 am

I remember these designs. You did a good job, and I like how you rendered them. I think you're even better now then you were back then. I also noticed on your blog some of the videos you art directed. Nice work Mr. Armstrong. Looks like life is treating you well.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Character Design

Postby Armstrong1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you, sir. I learned a lot in your class. I have very high regard for your skills as a draftsman. In fact, I'm convinced you could do a perfect character turnaround with your eyes closed.
Armstrong1

Return to A.N. Gallery