animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Short Film 'Travesty City'

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Short Film 'Travesty City'

Postby ryanfedyk » Thu May 12, 2011 10:45 am

I just released my latest short film online

Travesty City describes the disconnect between personal life and work life. How does identity transition between the two and how do we value each independently.

A waiter fills his role with style and precision. As he leaves the restaurant and enters the streets of Travesty City, this sense of purpose and stability begins to unravel. How will he translate his sense of belonging at work into the more unstructured reality of his personal life? Will he know alternatives when he sees them?
Director/Animator: Ryan Fedyk - ryanfedyk.com
Sound compostion: Clint Davis - imusic1.ucsd.edu/​~c8davis/​
ryanfedyk

Re: Short Film 'Travesty City'

Postby Charles » Thu May 12, 2011 6:07 pm

That's an interesting film. I watched it first, then read the description. Nice combination of reality and surreality. Like the technique and look as well. Enjoyed it very much, thanks for posting the video and congrats to all involved.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery