animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

LA from the San Gabriel Mountains

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

LA from the San Gabriel Mountains

Postby Charles » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 pm

The camera I bought recently is not a high end model. It shoots good HD video but photos can be hit or miss.

Today it was hittin.

While on a special project with a friend, I spent most of the day at the LaCanada Flintridge Country Club. It's located at the western edge of the San Gabriel Mountains and boasts some of the most dramatic views of the LA area around.

Check this out. It's the city of Los Angeles. To the left is a small white tower that comes to a point. That's City Hall. The flat structure just to the right of it is the Federal Building.

That's the area around Olvera Street, where LA was born and grew from.

LosAngeles1.jpg

Clicking on the image will give you a better view.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: LA from the San Gabriel Mountains

Postby Charles » Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 pm

This is the view of Los Angeles from the patio of the LaCanada Flintridge Country Club on the western front of the San Gabriel mountain range. The shot was the first one I took earlier in the day while I was there. That's downtown Los Angeles in the distance.

LosAngeles2.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sat May 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I took a series of panoramic shots that day. This was my first attempt. The view is from the patio of one of the ballrooms. The LA skyline is to the right, between the dip of the two peaks close to the lone palm tree.

LosAngeles3.jpg

Clicking on the image will give you a better view.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Here's another piece together perspective on LA.

LosAngeles4.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun May 08, 2011 12:03 am

Down the road a ways, I got a nice look at LA off in the distance. You can see it in the very center just beyond the ridge. I took the shot close to a cliff. You can see the edge of it in the lower part of the composition.

LosAngeles5.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 am

Another zoom in close up of downtown LA. It's amazing the quality of photos you can get nowadays even with low end cameras.

LosAngeles6.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun May 08, 2011 12:42 am

This was an ambitious vertical tapestry of eight separate photos from the ledge of a cliff. Click on the image to see it better.

LosAngeles7.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun May 08, 2011 12:57 am

A panoramic view of Los Angeles from the edge of the San Gabriel Mountains. The skyline is slightly left of center.

LosAngeles8.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 am

This was pretty ambitious as well. I spliced it together from eleven separate shots. The view is towards the south / southeast, and the San Gabriel Valley. the LA skyline is way over to the right.

This was taken from the patio of one of the the country club ballrooms. The object in the center is a palm tree that was close to my vantage point. Click on the image and you'll see it enlarged.

The world is a beautiful place.

LosAngeles9.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery