animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Aspiring TV Animator's Humorous Short: Opinions Welcome!

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Aspiring TV Animator's Humorous Short: Opinions Welcome!

Postby piratefish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey, guys. I just recently finished a humorous short and I'd really like to know what you guys think about it. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZKgv5SUrU

Premise: Silly little shorts inspired by different genres of music. Not meant to be taken seriously...

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy it!
piratefish

Re: Aspiring TV Animator's Humorous Short: Opinions Welcome!

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 pm

For what it is, I think you did fine. The production quality was a little better in the "country" part of the film.

I enjoyed this one better. It had a stronger narrative and your animation was an improvement, especially on the Mexican dancer.

Focus on your line quality and you'll get a more appealing result. Thanks for posting your animation, it was a fun watch.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Aspiring TV Animator's Humorous Short: Opinions Welcome!

Postby piratefish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for responding, Charles. It always helps me to get an objective response. If there is anything else you can suggest, please feel free to let me know. I think I'm going to start on a new project soon which should have a strong narrative done with a little twist. I think you'll enjoy it.
piratefish

Return to A.N. Gallery