animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

William Ruzicka's storyboard

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

William Ruzicka's storyboard

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Last fall at The Animation Academy in Burbank, William Ruzicka enrolled in the Storyboarding class I conduct. I knew him from Cal State Northridge where we was a standout student in the Animation Drawing class I teach there.

The storyboard he created at the Academy is one of the best ones ever done by a student at the school. I've been waiting for him to get me copy of it so I could feature his work on the AN Gallery and tie it in to the Academy's blog as well.

The method I use for teaching storyboards is different than what most may experience, and I get great results as a result. In the case of Will's work, I used a live action script from a Clint Eastwood move "In the Line of Fire" and had him board the first couple of pages.

Here's what he did. Thanks to the technology of AN's new forums, I'm able to easily upload his work. Click on the first image, and a bigger window will appear that will allow you to go through all 25 pages of his storyboard.

A link to William's blog is at the end of the images on the actual topic.

By the way, he's currently working as a professional storyboard artist thanks in large part to what you see here.

Enjoy William's board...

WR01.jpg
WR02.jpg
WR03.jpg
WR04.jpg
WR05.jpg
WR06.jpg
WR07.jpg
WR08.jpg
WR09.jpg
WR10.jpg
WR11.jpg