animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

ScreenwritingU Videos: A Great Antagonist and Protagonist

Topics related to the business of animation.

ScreenwritingU Videos: A Great Antagonist and Protagonist

Postby Charles » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 pm

The first two videos of this series are up and available for immediate viewing! Here's a summary of the second video: "A Look at a Great Antagonist."

There’s more to creating a great antagonist than most people think.

But if you can find the thing that makes your antagonist truly special, there’s a far better chance that someday you’ll have a major actor playing the part.

So how do you discover something special enough to make your antagonist go from “good” to “amazing”?

In this second free video, “A Look at a Great Antagonist”, I’ll show you exactly what a truly special antagonist looks like.

http://www.screenwritingu.com/moviestars/

Why is this so important?

Because when your antagonist stands out from the other characters in your movie, you’ll create a role that any movie star will want to play.

A role like the one I’ve highlighted in this free video from the “Creating Roles for Movie Stars” class.

http://www.screenwritingu.com/moviestars/

This video is only nine minutes long but it reveals specific details about what makes great antagonists like Hannibal Lecter so unique. Details I want YOU to be able to emulate in your own scripts.

Watch it for free now while you can.

Best,

Hal Croasmun
President
ScreenwritingU

P.S. Are you willing to go the extra step to take your lead characters to the next level? Then you must find the one thing that will make your antagonist great. See what I mean here.

www.ScreenwritingU.com
Los Angeles, CA

Daily Z

Charles

Return to The Business Forum