animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Will someone steal my TV idea? Webinar - Feb 28 '12

Topics related to the business of animation.

Will someone steal my TV idea? Webinar - Feb 28 '12

Postby Charles » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Will someone steal my TV idea?

The number one question I always hear is “Will someone steal my TV idea?” I’ve thought that too.

But there’s a webinar coming up February 28th put together by two great industry insiders I know that pretty much answers everything you or I would need to know about how to protect our ideas.

•Can a network just take my idea and do it without me?
•Is a Submission Release Form a license to steal?
•The truth behind stories of stolen TV ideas
•What can or can’t I do to protect my idea
•How safe is my title?•Copyright protection myths
•Will my paranoia destroy my pitch or sabotage my chances?
•Are my characters at risk, too?
•Is a WGA registration enough protection?

They’ve got a great line up of expert interviews: Patric Verrone, the PRESIDENT of the Writer’s Guild: Marc Zicree, who wrote for Star Trek and Babylon 5; Joel Andryc, who’s an executive Saban; and Linda Simensky, who’s a senior vice president at PBS Kids.Plus the event is hosted by Mark and Jeanne Simon, founders of http://www.SellYourTvConceptNow.com who have about 4,500 credits between them and more than 25 years each in the industry.

Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Time: 9:30 p.m. EST, 6:30 p.m. PST (2-3 hours long)

Cost: $85
Early Bird Discount: $60 (Expires Midnight, February 14, 2012)

Where: Phone/Web/Skype from anywhere

Register: http://www.sellyourtvconceptnow.com/web ... idea-2012/

Daily Z

Charles

Return to The Business Forum