If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney
Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter
Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn
When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus
A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney
What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi
Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb
Topics related to the business of animation.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
IIFF holds a world-class FILM FINANCE TOWNHALL on the evening of December 7 in Hollywood. Save by REGISTERING ONLINE at -
An eclectic lineup of NOTED FILM & FINANCE PROS guarantees the event will be WORTH YOUR WHILE! They're scheduled to talk about:
1) "THE PITCH: How to Win Over Studio Execs" -- by ELLEN PITTLEMAN, veteran studio exec w/ worldwide experience in theatrical, TV & home entertainment production & distribution; Prez at Hybrid Ent., manages int'l development slate w/ films from Australia, Brazil & US; fmr. SVP of Int'l Co-Production & Worldwide Acquisitions at Paramount, in charge of feature, TV & video development, production & acquisitions; launched & grew Paramount Home Entertainment's DVD Premiere Production & Worldwide Acq. division to $200M+/yr; oversaw 8-10 productions/yr; fmr. SVP of Acquisitions at Live Ent.; etc.
2) "DISTRIBUTION PITFALLS: Lessons Learned" -- by STEPHEN VERONA, Oscar-nommed filmmaker & grandfather of music video; directed earliest vids for Beatles, Santana, Chicago, Johnny Cash, Boy George, Natalie Cole, Barbra Streisand, Liza
Minelli, Simon & Garfunkel, Leonard Bernstein, Mick Fleetwood, 100s more; moved on to write, produce &/or direct "Lords of Flatbush" (Sylvester Stallone, Henry Winkler, Armand Assante), "Boardwalk" (Ruth Gordon, Lee Strasberg, Janet Leigh), "Talking Walls" (Barry Primus, Sally Kirkland), "Pipe Dreams" (Gladys Knight); discovered & launched careers of Stallone, Winkler, Gere; etc.
3) "CLOSE THE GAP: How to Finance Your Film w/ Incentives" -- by DAN CLIFTON, CEO at Jarvus Film, creates software solutions for film industry incl. CreditScout app; expert navigator of "shark-infested waters" of tax incentives & soft money for movie production; Producer at Onset Films, exec. produced Gold Circle Films' thriller "ATM" (Alice Eve, Josh Peck, Brian Geraghty) & produces their romantic comedy "Sex on the 1st Date"; Exec. Producer at Top Right Corner, specializing in commercials, branded content & web development; BFA in Film & TV Production from NYU; etc.
4) "PATHWAY TO PROFIT: Marketing Indies w/ Social Media" -- by MAURY ROGOW, Prez at RipMedia Group w/ 20 yrs in marketing, biz dev & sales; expert in social media & video marketing; Producer & Marketing Officer for comic book
legend Bob Layton ("Iron Man"), writer/director John Harrison ("Dune") & Anne Marie Gillen ("Fried Green Tomatoes"); Exec. Producer of "Bedrooms" (Moon Bloodgood, Julie Benz); part owner of investment bank McKim & Co.; TV host for E!, Time Warner & Style Network; previously generated $40M+ in sales for Avaya, Lucent, GeoTel, Cisco; among 1st employees at GeoTel, sold for ~$2B; etc.
5) "MICRO-BUDGET FILMMAKING: Make Every Penny Count" -- by GIO MESSALE, who just produced indie "Love or Whatever," starring Jennifer Elise Cox & Kate Flannery; seasoned Production Coordinator (for Paramount) & Producer w/ experience finding investors, negotiating funding, coordinating budgets & schedules; worked on "Shutter Island," "Indiana Jones 4," "Star Trek," "Aeon Flux," "Love Guru," "Mission: Impossible 3," "Manchurian Candidate," "Longest Yard," "Stardust," "Paycheck"; fmr. Associate to Co-Presidents at Gilbert/Coates Mgmt, helped manage A-list crossover UK actors; etc.
We'd be really thrilled if you decided to JOIN US that special evening <http://gla.filmfinancing.org/120711w> at Raleigh Studios. Please tell your
industry contacts too.
Your Friends at IIFF
P.S.: Give your PROJECT SUMMARY to Mr. Littlefield, the moderator. He will get it to select MOVIE INVESTORS in the FilmAngels network.
P.P.S.: Find OTHER TOWNHALLS at http://lon.filmfinancing.org/113011n ,
http://pnw.filmfinancing.org/113011n , http://sfb.filmfinancing.org/121511n & follow
us on Twitter for more!
We're writing to UPDATE & remind you about Wednesday's FILM FINANCE TOWNHALL at the prestigious Raleigh Studios. Register now at - http://gla.filmfinancing.org/120711r
Our EXPANDED PROGRAM includes eminently worthwhile talks by 6 FILM & FINANCE PROS, who'll turn this into a memorable evening:
1) "THE PITCH: How to Win Over Studio Execs" -- by ELLEN PITTLEMAN, veteran studio exec w/ worldwide experience in theatrical, TV & DVD production & distribution; Prez at Hybrid Entertainment, manages int'l development slate;
fmr. SVP of Int'l Co-Production & Worldwide Acquisitions at Paramount, oversaw 8-10 productions/yr; etc.
2) "CROWDFUNDING ON THE RISE: What the Bills in Congress Mean for Film" -- by GENE MASSEY, Founder & CEO at MediaShares & CinemaShares; crowdfunding specialist & seasoned director/producer; previously owned multi-award winning film/TV production company; shot 400+ commercials for clients Gucci, Chrysler, Pizza Hut, Toyota, Burger King; etc.
3) "DISTRIBUTION PITFALLS: Lessons Learned" -- by STEPHEN VERONA, Oscar-nommed filmmaker & grandfather of music video (Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Streisand, Cash, Santana); wrote/produced/directed "Lords of Flatbush," "Boardwalk," "Talking Walls," "Pipe Dreams"; launched careers of Sylvester Stallone, Henry
Winkler, Richard Gere; etc.
4) "CLOSE THE GAP: How to Finance Your Film w/ Incentives" -- by DAN CLIFTON, CEO at Jarvus Film, creates software solutions for film industry incl. CreditScout app; Producer at Onset Films, executive produced "ATM," produces
upcoming "Sex on the First Date"; etc.
5) "MICRO-BUDGET FILMMAKING: Make Every Penny Count" -- by GIO MESSALE, seasoned Production Coordinator for Paramount; Producer ("Love or Whatever") w/ experience finding investors & negotiating funding; worked on "Shutter Island," "Indiana Jones 4," "Star Trek," "M:I3," "Longest Yard," "Stardust,"
"Paycheck," "Aeon Flux"; etc.
6) "PATHWAY TO PROFIT: Marketing Indies w/ Social Media" -- by MAURY ROGOW, Prez at RipMedia Group; expert in social media marketing; Producer & Marketing Officer for Bob Layton ("Iron Man"), A.M. Gillen ("Fried Green Tomatoes"), John Harrison ("Dune"); Exec. Producer of "Bedrooms" (Benz); Co-Owner of investment bank McKim & Co.; etc.
We'd be THRILLED if you & your colleagues joined us on the 7th! Give your PROJECT SUMMARY to the moderator, who'll get it to MOVIE INVESTORS in the FilmAngels network.
Your Friends at IIFF
P.S.: Find OTHER TOWNHALLS at http://sfb.filmfinancing.org/121511n ,
http://pnw.filmfinancing.org/122011n & http://lon.filmfinancing.org/121511n , with
more to come.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1