If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney
Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter
Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn
When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus
A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney
What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi
Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb
Topics related to the business of animation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Our LA chapter proudly presents another potent FILM FUNDING MEETING on the Raleigh Studios lot. Join us on September 29 at our WEB-ONLY RATE via - http://gla.filmfinancing.org/092911r
Here is a quick overview of the WORLD-CLASS PRESENTERS & timely advice we have lined up for you:
1) "TAKE IT TO THE BANK: Criteria for Film & TV Production Loans" -- by ART STRIBLEY, 33-year entertainment lending veteran, personally financed 300+ films & oversaw 300+ more financings; Exec. VP at Pacific Mercantile Bank, provides film & TV funding; fmr. Exec. VP at First California Bank & Lewis Horwitz Org. (now ICB Entertainment Finance); previously, 16 years in commercial banking; etc.
2) "NEW HORIZONS FOR INDEPENDENT FILM: The Changing Venues of Distribution" -- by FREYR THOR, Founder & CEO at leading int'l independent film studio Vanguard Cinema; oversaw acquisition & distribution of 1000+ titles over 20 years, amassing library of 500+; advocate & partner for established & emerging content creators; etc.
3) "NAVIGATING THE MONEY TRAIL: New Opportunities for Today's Filmmakers" -- by ROBERT SINGER, leading entertainment lawyer with 30+ years in movies, TV & themed entertainment; President at New Mexico Law Group; represented & worked with prominent companies & talent incl. Paramount, Viacom, Whoopie Goldberg, Charlton Heston, Walter Cronkite, Claire Bloom, Frank Langella & Ossie Davis; etc.
4) "STARTING FROM SCRATCH: The Nuts & Bolts of Indie Finance & Production" -- by CAMILLIA MONET, actor & producer for 20 years; CEO at Esperanza Productions on Paramount Studios lot; produced films accepted into Cannes, AFI, Monaco; had recurring roles on "The Shield" & "Saving Grace"; worked with Spielberg, Cruise, Maguire; etc.
5) "MICROBUDGET MOVIE MAKING: Making Every Single Penny Count" -- by GIO MESSALE, seasoned Production Coordinator & Producer with experience finding investors, negotiating funding, coordinating budgets/schedules & more; credits include Scorsese's "Shutter Island," Spielberg's "Indiana Jones 4," J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" & "Mission: Impossible 3," "Stardust," "Aeon Flux," "Paycheck"; etc.
Find out MUCH MORE about this affordably priced PRIME EVENT at - http://gla.filmfinancing.org/092911r
The speakers & organizers look forward to seeing you on 9/29. Please MAKE OTHERS AWARE of our meeting.
Your Friends at IIFF
Institute for International Film Financing
P.S.: Bring your FILM BUSINESS PLAN to Thursday's gathering & to the attention of
the FilmAngels [http://filmangels.info] investor network. The IIFF team will handle the ENTIRE submission procedure for you!
P.P.S.: Not in LA? Go to:
http://nym.filmfinancing.org/100311n to see what else we have scheduled.
1 post • Page 1 of 1