AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » The Contest Forum   » Contest #11 details (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Contest #11 details
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to submit an entry better get on it. We're going to run with Contest #11 very soon with what we've got. I'm waiting to hear back from Brian. Once he checks in we'll get the show rolling.

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Alrighty everyone, here's the status of things so far.

We have three entries, which means that once we run with Contest #11, if no more submissions are received in the next couple of days, the three ANers who submitted will each win something. Contest #11 will be a matter of the rest of the membership deciding who gets the $100, who gets the Animation Magazine subscription, and who gets a premium subscribed membership to Shane Glines' CartoonRetro.com site.

--------------------
 -

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
SWEEEEEET! That's awesome, Charles! You guys are awesome!

-MOJO

--------------------
 -

hett15
IEcm
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hett15   Email hett15         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I've gotten started. I'll have it in before this weekend is over (if that's ok). Just need to make the time to finish it. School starts back up on Monday (Ringling) and things will get busy quickly so I have to finish it.
roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 14 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, I have just submitted my entry, its part something i am working on at the moment and it sort of fits the theme of the contest.
I have only entered to make it at least 4 entry's.

--------------------
http://www.canvas.nl

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to seeing your entry, Roger!

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx Mojo... well i have checked the contest page from time to time and noticed the lack of entry's. (I would have entered sooner if i would not have just become a dad on 23th of november combined with work).
My entry just reminded me of a map that appears in the Disney film "Music Land" the one with the island of Jazz & land of Symphony. My map is no where as nice but that is where the link of kicking it old school came from. The current artwork has undergone further refinement than the one i submitted but i will put that up in the gallery afterwards.

btw i hope that hett15 is still entering...

i did not enter/ want to interfere with the prize arrangement Charles came up with by any means just to make sure that things could move on for you guy's who did enter before the deadline, and for fun ofcourse. [Wink]

--------------------

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

I'm looking forward to seeing your piece. I too wanted to do a lot more on my entry but because I was trying to meet the initial deadline, I had to simplify things. I guess I could have tried to update my image while we were trying to get more entries, but I thought I'd leave it alone. There's always room for improvement...and sometimes you just have to know when to let go and move on to the next thing.

--------------------
 -

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

I'm axious for this contest to be over...so that we can have another one!....perhaps a Valentines Day themed one, huh Brian?

--------------------
 -

hett15
IEcm
Member # 2723

I'm sorry sorry sorry!!!! I am trying to finish it as I type! Got a little more crazy then i expected around here, but i am doing it right now, Please don't count me out yet.
hett15
IEcm
Member # 2723

I have submitted. I am not proud of the craftsmanship, but I liked the idea from the beginning so I gave it a shot. Good Luck everyone.
mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Hey never talk down your own work, man. Stand tall by all your creations.

Good Luck, Hett...good luck all [Smile]

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 14 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
Hett15 Great to hear you submitted.
Good luck everyone

--------------------

Fasty
IE # 97
Member # 2124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fasty   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see everyone's entries!
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

As of midnight in LA on Sunday night, January 15, we're going with the entries we got. We're looking to post Contest #11 probably by Monday night or as soon as Brian sets it up.

If your submission wasn't specifically created for the contest, there may be a question as to its eligibility. Brian will make that determination and post those entries that he feels qualify.

Good luck!

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
In that case you can take mine off, although it has been altered somewhat from the one that will be used in the game (text); It has not been made specifically for this contest, and i was not aware it had to be (does not appear in the rules for participation).

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012