AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » The Contest Forum   » Contest #10: I can't work like this!

Author Topic: Contest #10: I can't work like this!
the Moderator
Administrator
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Moderator   Email the Moderator         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings once again! Let's commence to begin to get started with the latest round of entries into the AN art contest.

The theme was "I can't work like this!"; and submissions were open from July 16th through August 10th. We extended the deadline a bit after we initially recieved only three entries so that we could encourage more people to participate.

Judging for this will be determined by the most popular interpretation of the theme given. The poll will close next Sunday, August 21st at midnight. When the winner is revealed we'll get in touch with the artist to confirm the delivery method of the prize.

...and in case you missed it, the prize for the contest will be $100, and a year's subscription to  - .

[Yes]

Also as a side note the prizemoney can only be delivered to overseas winners through Paypal. We STRONGLY encourage you to set yourself up with an account if you don't already have one.

Here's the entries! Click on the image to get the full-size, uncompressed original submission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Gergley
 -

Rupert Piston
 -

Squarejaw Hero
 -

Trondheimfan
 -

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
-the Moderator
-Brian Reynolds

-

IP: Logged
SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
What is it with Gergley and I and crossdressing? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
So soon you two will be going by Squarejawheroine, and Gerglette?

Anyway, good luck to all other three (...) contestants, and may the best man, woman, or somewhere in between, win.

Completely off-topic: look at this guy --> [handball] Imagine it's his nose...

--------------------
Tekenen is schrijven en spreken tegelijk.

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noogy   Email Noogy         Edit/Delete Post 
All great submissions [Smile] Yes, the crossdressing it an interesting coincidence, but in all honestly has that ever stopped anyone? ...Anyone?

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
When Vertigo came out recolorized or whatever some years ago and was shown at the Castro theater in SF, a funeral parade went by of skillfully crossdressed individuals. Stopped me right in my tracks, I can tell you.
Evan Esparza
IE # 214
Member # 3171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evan Esparza   Email Evan Esparza         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! All of them, very creative!!

Squarejaw- Don't think we didn't notice one of the Kim Jung's chair's 'legs' is autonomically correct [Wink]

Seriously Square, first thing I thought of when I saw the two guards in bondage was "UH OH! John Waters' has done perverted his mind!"

The Newton under the apple, VERY CLEVER! And the squirel as the 2nd character was a professional.

Sorry, I didn't get the joke of the stop sign gag [Frown] I would appreciate if someone would 'spell it out' for me. I promise I'll still find it funny!

Rupert- Your motorcycle drawings are all fantastic. I suggest you do a lil caracture of Paul Tuettul SR and JR then send it to OCC chopper! They'd seriously trip over it [Smile]

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say? I'm a sick puppy! [tipsy] The well endowed chair sculptures are a visual metaphor for his ego, don'tcha know. See? Comedy AND social commentary! What more could you want?

(yes, I've lowered political humour into the "schlong" era of base guffaws)

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
Crossdress all you want, this one's mine! Weeeeeeeee!

More entries next time! Come on AN! Just an hour of work can make you a winner!

Thank you, everyone who participated. It's been fun.

--------------------

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Congrats, well deserved! Your talent is utterly remarkable and everything always seems effortless! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
Been so busy I forgot to check the results here! Great job to all. Evan, thanks for the kudos and the idea on Paul and Paulie. That's a great idea. I colleague of mine gave me an OCC coloring book, but I don't see it going too much like that. Certainly worth the doing. You may have seen a piece i posted recently that was being given to Mike Corbin of Corbin seats. Haven't heard how that went over yet.

Great job again, great fun.

Fasty
IE # 97
Member # 2124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fasty   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Trondheimfan!
Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks man! You're gonna enter too next time, right Fasty? [Wink]

Square, please, you're making me [blush]

--------------------

gergley
IE # 200
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gergley   Email gergley         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Trond. Nice execution of the strip, too.

Now. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to continue to convince other members to take a stab at the next go-round.

Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks gergley. Assignment accepted. [Wink]

--------------------

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
So when's the next contest?

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

Evan Esparza
IE # 214
Member # 3171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evan Esparza   Email Evan Esparza         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries Rupert,

I totally dig the style of your art and though I'm not much of a motorcycle buff (never even rode one!) I am partial to a man/mechanic who takes care and repairs something that is special to him.

Trod- Fantastic job mate! I don't know anything about Germany or what language you speak of, but as far as I'm concerned, your my kind of people [Wink]

Square- For runner up prize, I got you some posies....or as they are called in the UK, chips.

the Moderator
Administrator
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Moderator   Email the Moderator         Edit/Delete Post 
The next contest will be soon, hopefully within the next week. Just need to confirm the status of the prize and the choice of theme to use.

--------------------
-the Moderator
-Brian Reynolds

-

Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Trod- Fantastic job mate! I don't know anything about Germany or what language you speak of, but as far as I'm concerned, your my kind of people [Wink]
Uh... I'm Dutch... [unimpressed] But thanks anyway. [Smile]
"What language I speak of"? If you're talking about the quote beneath my post, it says: "Drawing is writing and speaking at the same time."
It's written on one of the walls of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. It's a bit hidden behind a tree though...

--------------------

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Conrats on your victory, Trond. Well done. Get in touch through the contact us email address or email Brian Reynolds with the email address of your Paypal account. We'll also need your mailing address to forward to Animation Magazine.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012