AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » The Contest Forum   » Contest #9 details

Author Topic: Contest #9 details
the Moderator
Administrator
Member # 5

Icon 14 posted      Profile for the Moderator   Email the Moderator         Edit/Delete Post 
Oyez, Oyez! Here's the lowdown for the contest #9.

The theme this time around is: "Grunthos: Man of valor and impeccable fashion sense!"

The prize for this contest is $100. It's important that you have a Paypal account, so if you don't already have one please make preparations. Additionally the good folks with Animation Magazine are offering a free one year subscription to their magazine for the winner, and yes, there'll also be an AnimationNation.com t-shirt and a box of blue or red Col-Erase pencils.

-

Rules for Participation:

• The monthly(ish) contests are open for any AnimationNation.com member who has subscribed to the Independant Economy. The money raised through these $15 subscriptions is applied directly to the $100 cash prizes that are awarded to the contest winners as well as to fund other community activities. If you would like to participate in the contest but are unable to pay the $15 subscription fee then you are encouraged to write to us and request the usage of one of the extra contributed memberships that people have paid for above and beyond their own subscriptions. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis but it is important that you have participated on the message board for awhile before a request is made so that we're both familiar with who you are and that we know you're not just requesting a contributed membership for the contest alone. We appreciate your consideration in this matter.
  • Contest winners will be decided upon by a popular vote amongst registered members of AnimationNation.com. Judging is based on the entrant's ability to best illustrate the given theme for the contest. There will be 1 vote available for every 6 submissions so if we recieve, say, 9 entries you'll get to vote twice for your favorites.
  • Contest submissions can be in any format that is viewable via a web browser. In order to be bandwidth-friendly we will resize all entries to fit within a 640x480 pixel size and host them on our official server. Your original entry can be any size you want and will be also be hosted on our server and viewable by clicking the bandwidth-friendly version displayed on the entry page. You are welcome and encouraged to submit entries that aren't simply bitmap images but full video clips, or Flash animations, etc., but be aware that this may potentially introduce difficulties in people's browsers or download times.
  • Only one entry per person, please.

Send your entries to me at BReynolds6 AT comcast DOT net and please be sure that your email originates from the same address that you subscribed to the Independant Economy with. Failure to do so will delay our ability to confirm your eligibility to participate.

If you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to respond promptly.

Submissions can begin immediately with the deadline for final submissions being midnight, Sunday, December 12th. Voting will take place for the following week with the winner being revealed midnight Sunday December 19th.

[guitar]

--------------------
-the Moderator
-Brian Reynolds

-

IP: Logged
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew! Just got mine in. It was 6:30 pm, and I just remembered.. Good luck everyone!
IP: Logged

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012