AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » The Contest Forum   » Contest #7

Author Topic: Contest #7
The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
In keeping with the tradition of Halloween, or perhaps the election year.

The theme for contest #7 is: "Oooo...Scarey"

The prize for this contest is $100. It's important that you have a Paypal account, so if you don't already have one please make preparations. Additionally as a bonus we have an as-yet unannounced extra offered by the good folks with Animation Magazine, and yes, there'll also be an AnimationNation.com t-shirt and a box of blue or red Col-Erase pencils.

Send your entries to me at anim8or @ adelphia dot net and please be sure that your email originates from the same address that you subscribed to the Independant Economy with. Failure to do so will delay our ability to confirm your eligibility to participate.

If you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to respond promptly.

Submissions can begin immediately with the deadline for final submissions being midnight, Saturday, October 23rd. Voting will take place for the following week with the winner being revealed Monday November 1st.

Oops, my bad on the contest number [Razz]

IP: Logged
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many entries will have the theme of George Duh-bya Bush winning another 4 years?
[funny]

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many will come with a paragraph describing what you are supposed to be looking at?

--------------------
http://www.radiodismuke.com
20's-30's music

Come see my Second Life Stuff
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chilispoon/128/80/39

Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The theme for contest #6 is: "Oooo...Scarey"
So what's the theme for contest #7?

--------------------
Tekenen is schrijven en spreken tegelijk.

cheekydude
IE # 176
Member # 3056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheekydude   Author's Homepage   Email cheekydude         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing that is just a mistake [Razz]

--------------------
Cheeky Dude

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I enter more than one thing?
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
One entry per member please, so be sure it's the one you want to go with.

--------------------
 -

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn.. missing the deadline by 2 days.. I'm in the next one fo' sho!

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Thomas
IE # 19
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
You still have 4 more days to enter

--------------------
-Tom

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 10 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
.. he says, as he points a gun at us .. [Eek!]
Animagus
IE # 49
Member # 279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animagus   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
originally posted by Offbeat:Damn.. missing the deadline by 2 days.. I'm in the next one fo' sho!
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas: You still have 4 more days to enter

I think (in fact I know ) that Offbeat is not eligible this time, due to his triumph in one of the earlier contests ("think of the children"), and that he becomes eligible two day after the deadline for #7.

--------------------
www.robertgold.blogspot.com

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a terrible history of goofing up emails. Will there be any way to confirm our entries are in before the deadline has passed? I'm 95% sure I did it right, but it's that 5% getting loud sometimes that gets me...
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

RP, email Thomas the Mod and confirm whether or not your entry was received.

--------------------
 -

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Damn.. missing the deadline by 2 days.. I'm in the next one fo' sho!

Don't worry G, if you write a lyrical descriptive paragraph to go with mine describing the socio-political-economic undertones, that I didn't have the skill to show graphically and I win.....

I'll buy you some chicken....and a prolapsating(sp?) ass toy.

--------------------
20's-30's music

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Is there some connection between the toy and the chicken? (backs slowly to the door)
Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Eric suggested we include a paragraph describing what you're supposed to be looking at--d'you think it's too late to submit that??

[freak]

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Eric was making fun of the inclusion of text to explain what you are looking at.
If you can't tell, or can't write it in as part of the design, why bother?

--------------------
20's-30's music

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Thanks Eric, I actually got that, I was just having further fun with it in a moment of boredom. Mabye you're having fun with me over that, at my expense, which is cool.

I tell ya, being made fun of by an adult is a lot more fun that being made fun of by high school kids, which I do all day.

Thanks for the fun. [cheers]

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

I prefer grade school students. When the hormones hit, kids are a mess....all the way up until around 30. [Wink]

--------------------
20's-30's music

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when I pursued this profession 10 years ago [Big Grin] It's all worked out pretty well, however, and because of my current position I got to go to a lightfoot ltd seminar a couple of years ago and get some guidance on a dream I had hidden years ago.
Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Yeah, well, some of us were not born drawing perfect Mickeys, though I know of some whe were. [Big Grin]
But we can make up for it as long as we don't suck too bad and have ideas and a little smattering of vision. I was having no fun in college until I fell back in love with animation. I only wish all the information that is available now was available then....so I could be better travelled and more bitter and cynical by now.

--------------------
20's-30's music

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

(we're pretty far off topic by now, but whateva)

In my case I had to get out of self destruct mode before I could be of any use to anyone at all and get back to college. Even then it took some time for my brain to be of any use to me.

I don't believe anything's wasted, however. On a whim today I got my juniors divided up into groups to do a graphic novel treatment of Of Mice and Men. Having taken my first life drawing class last spring (aaah, my first art class ever) I got to give them a quick run through of how to draw the head and figure, then I pulled up a desk and drew my own piece. Came out not bad, and they are (most of them) doing pretty good with theirs also.

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 5 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
Entries not posted yet ..?

Guess I'll just look in here a little later. [handball]

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

ya, I been checking back like every chance I get. First time I've entered something like this. [Roll Eyes]

I wanna vote!! November ain't soon enough for me, and this is a way more fun place to exercise demoncracy!

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 14 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I would just like to take a second to apologize to all of you who have taken time out of your schedules and contributed to this latest contest. I admit I've been a bit tardy in getting those pictures up in a timely matter. But not to fear, I will be posting them up between 8-9 PST tonight, depending upon how long my commute is due to the rain.
droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 14 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
No worries .. thanks for letting us know! [Smile]

Be sure to drive safely. [Yes]

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Here's the latest update on Contest #7.

There's a rain storm rolling through the Los Angeles area and whenever this happens, it causes a lot problems on the streets and freeways.

Tom won't be able to get to his computer this evening as he has a long commute and the weather is preventing him from getting home.

We'll postpone the start of the Contest for one more day so Thomas can get through this inconvenience. Thanks everyone for your patience. I've been reassured by Tom that there will be 2 votes available to cast for your favorites on this Contest #7. There will still be a full one week voting period.

Good luck to everyone.

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
The entries are great... but i see no vote button [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
http://www.canvas.nl

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012